[bug] Playlists don't update with the last changes when synced

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Onweerwolf

[bug] Playlists don't update with the last changes when synced

Post by Onweerwolf »

When I sync my device, the playlists will be reflected with all changes made to it except for the last one. So, if I add a song to a playlist (on MMW) that already contains two songs and was already synced with those two songs, syncing it again will not add the third song (on MMA). If I then add a 4th song on MMW and sync again the 3th song is now added to MMA but not the 4th, etc.

The songs themselves are synced to the device but the playlists don't reflect it.

I tried again today and immediately after sync I opened a playlist on MMA and it had the newest changes visually. I then went back to the menu, reopened that same playlist and the newest changes disappeared.

It feels like the syncing process is doing everything it needs to do correctly but after it finishes one extra action is run that regresses the playlists to what they would look like if not all songs on the playlists were actually synced. Where those songs are the new changes that were added to the playlist and that were synced anew during this sync session.

Something's out of order.

I've already removed MediaMonkey from my smartphone and reinstalled it but that made no difference.

MMW 4.1.28.1906 Portable @ Win 10
MMA 1.3.8.0916 (Pro version installed)
OnePlus 7t @ Oxygen OS 10.0.9
WiFi Sync

I've installed the .1906 debug version and the DebugView app. Here's a log that I made. During this log here is what I did: When the DebugView app started logging MMW was already open. I selected a track and added that to a static playlist. This was track #220 of that playlist. I then took my phone and started a sync session. Before this sync session there were 218 tracks on said playlist on MMA, track #219 was downloaded during the last sync but not put on the playlist. After this last sync, there are now 219 tracks on the playlists. Track #220 was downloaded to the device but not put on the playlist. Hope this helps figuring out what goes wrong.

Track #219: 10cc - Donna
Track #220: 10cc - Memories

(Track #220 was the only new track that needed to be downloaded during this sync session)

https://we.tl/t-I2gOTP92o2
Last edited by Onweerwolf on Sun May 31, 2020 9:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
Onweerwolf

Re: Playlist changes no longer synching

Post by Onweerwolf »

Last edited by Onweerwolf on Sun May 24, 2020 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Erwin Hanzl wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:56 am viewtopic.php?f=21&t=96456
You seem to have a different problem than me. Your fix isn't doing anything for me.
Onweerwolf

[bug] Playlist don't update with the last changes when synced

Post by Onweerwolf »

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Wifi or USB sync?
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

I mentioned that: wifi.
Onweerwolf

[bug] Playlist don't update with the last changes when synced

Post by Onweerwolf »

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Send a debug log right after sync and reply here with the logID. Try to do an as small as possible sync.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

According to the ticket that was fixed so it's a different problem.
terryo

Playlists no longer sync properly

Post by terryo »

Samsung S9 with mma 1.3.8.0916
Custom Gigabyte PC with up to date Win 10 and mmw 4.1.28.1905

This problem has been around for several months, but it is getting progressively more annoying.

Playlists update only intermittently in mma, especially the stock "recently added". New entries often don't show up until another sync has been done a few days after the playlists have changed. deletions seem to happen right as they drop off new releases or are removed from other playlists.
Lowlander

Re: Playlists no longer sync properly

Post by Lowlander »

Are you doing a wifi or USB sync?
Onweerwolf

Re: [bug] Playlist don't update with the last changes when synced

Post by Onweerwolf »

I have updated the opening post with current info as well as a debug log.
Onweerwolf

Re: [bug] Playlists don't update with the last changes when synced

Post by Onweerwolf »

What I would like to add today is that I've established that new tracks to a playlist are updated to that playlist on MMA after the sync if these were downloaded to the device before the sync and if the playlist was actually changed on MMW between the new sync and the last sync.

So:

If Playlist X has tracks A,B,C and Playlist Y has track D then:

When I add track D and E to Playlist X and then sync, now the MMA version of Playlist X has tracks A,B,C,D but not E. -> D got added because it was already on the device since it was on Playlist Y but E was now downloaded to the device newly and therefor not added to Playlist X.

If I sync again without any playlist changes then E still does not get added to Playlist X.

If I add track F to Playlist X and sync again then F gets newly downloaded to the device, E now gets added to Playlist X on MMA but F does not.

So basically there seems to be a problem with the order in which checks are made.

Additionally what I've noticed is that immediately after I sync I go into the playlist on MMA then I can see the new changes for a few seconds and then they get 'kicked off'.

So it seems like the MMA does everything correctly; updates the playlists, deletes obsolete tracks, downloads new tracks but then after that it kicks off any newly downloaded tracks to the device from playlists.