mma v2.0 needs better album art storage

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

terryo

mma v2.0 needs better album art storage

Post by terryo »

In v2.0, can you make it so album art for all mma audio tracks is in one folder?

I use my phone heavily for photography as well as auditioning many hundreds of music tracks every month. It is a real pain to have the album art files spewed across a gajillion individual photo albums, each with a single piece of album art.
Peke

Re: mma v2.0 needs better album art storage

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Are you using Samsung phone and if yes disable ignoring .nomedia/hidden files. You can also tell MMW not to save Album art in folder, but to File tags which will not create album art file in track folders.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
terryo

Post by terryo »

I'd implement that solution if I could find .nomedia/hidden files and the option to disable it. I googled it several ways and searched the mm forums several ways and could not find an answer.
el_mundi

Post by el_mundi »

I am also struggling with the way artwork is displayed in MMA (Media Monkey for Android).
My Media Monkey for Windows is set up so that it stores artwork in the file-tag, not in the folder.
I have digitized all my tape-recordings, stored each tape in a folder and used the folder-name as album-name for all the songs therein.
The songs within one folder (=album) do not have one common cover; instead all songs have an individual cover stored, typically the cover or the label of the single record.
Apparently MMA cannot handle this situation and displays cover-art randomly at it's will - and the image displayed for one particular song might be different the next time I play it. This happens, no matter wether I play songs from my PC via the MediaMonkey Server or wether I play songs stored on my android phone.
Looks like MMA assigns one single image to all songs with the same album-name, instead of taking the image stored in the MP3-file.
Would be nice, if one of these days it could do that.
Or ist there already today a way to achieve that, that I have overlooked?

My versions:
Phone: MMA: 1.3.9.0924 and MMA Pro: 1.3.0017 (I don't know, why there are two entries)
PC: MMW 4.1.29.1910
MediaMonkey user since a long time - MediaMonkey Gold user since 2009
Database > 100 000 entries
Android: MMA: 1.3.9.0924 and MMA Pro: 1.3.0017 (I don't know, why there are two entries)
Windows: MMW 4.1.29.1910
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, MMA displays 1 Artwork per Album. This limitations is fine for most as Albums generally use the same Artwork for all files and most users use Albums that way. However if you use individual Artworks per file on an Album or don't use Album tags this limitation will cause problems.
el_mundi

Post by el_mundi »

Lowlander, thank's for your quick response.
I agree with your statement "This limitations is fine for most ..."! The vast majority of my songs, recorded from my vinyls and CD's fullfilles this criterion, but not the recordings on 55 tapes over a span of about 30 years.

Actually, in the meantime I found an entry in the Knowledgebase "Device Synchronization" from Oct 3, 2017, that already refers to this issue:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... or-missing

Now I hope, that the statement therein "This limitation is planned to be eliminated in a future version of MMA." does not get forgotten.
MediaMonkey user since a long time - MediaMonkey Gold user since 2009
Database > 100 000 entries
Android: MMA: 1.3.9.0924 and MMA Pro: 1.3.0017 (I don't know, why there are two entries)
Windows: MMW 4.1.29.1910
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
We will try not to forget. Feel free to give us a slap when MMA 2.0 gets out for testing.

My daughter wanted to have each song its own Album Art and I made workaround by putting each song in its own folder so in hers sync profile for a music file path I have "\Music\<Title>\<Artist> - <Title>" and it works perfect for her as she uses MMA as player so no need for folder/filename structure, but also if she shares some files filenames are OK.
Best regards,
Peke
terryo

Post by terryo »

I hope you have not forgotten the idea of being able to store album art specific for a track. I would love this feature.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It is on To-Do, but not as easy due the fact MMA also sync to MM5 ;)
Best regards,
Peke
terryo

Post by terryo »

I don't know if a tablet version, in addition to a phone version has been considered for MMA v2.0. A tablet version with good use of the additional screen space could be a joy to use.

I've been working out how I'd suggest a tablet version of MMA v2.0 might look and function. So far it mimics some aspects of the look and functionality of MM5. When I have this organized, would you be interested in seeing mockup screen shots?

The phone version could be improved as well but I only have some notes on that. A particularly annoying lack is there is no way to know the name of the playlist you selected even if you back out of the song and now playing list.

Then there's all the unused screen space dotted with tiny clickable areas on those tiny screens...