[feature request] group by year icon on home screen

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

pbpb

[feature request] group by year icon on home screen

Post by pbpb »

It would be nice if 'years' were one of the options for the mma home screen. That would be more useful to me than for example 'genre.'
Peke

Re: [feature request] group by year icon on home screen

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Do you mean that By default MMA should have same default options like MM in collection tree?
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum
pbpb

Post by pbpb »

No, I don't exactly mean that, at least as far as I can understand what you mean.

Right now, mma home screen shows a number of tiles (i.e. icons) which can be customized by the user, such as 'artist', 'tracks', 'genre', etc. What I am saying is that it would be useful to me, and presumably to other users, if there were an option for a tile of 'years'.

Of course, if mma were to be 100% complete, it would have every possible field that is included in the database, but i am not suggesting that. I'm guessing that what you mean by "same default options like MM in collection tree" is the tree structure that in my case is on the leftmost pane. In my installation, 'artist' is not separate from 'album artist' in that tree on mmw, which imo is a misfeature. So, not the exact same options, just adding the year.

The year tree I see in MMW goes by decades, which would be fine, as would just a sorted list of every single year, as happens for 'tracks.'

As long as I'm at it, it would also be useful if the properties screen for each track in mma included the bit rate. I tend to have multiple copies of the same performance, and it would help me to cull them if the bit rate were readily determined in mma without recourse to mmw.

Thanks.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Then my first assumption was right. Well good and bad news. Good news is that you should be satisfied, but bad news is taht major sustomization in UI you can expect in MMA 2.0 we will try to release to public as soon as it is ready for public (I should not say but for me it is great improvement over v1.x).
Best regards,
Pavle
pbpb

Post by pbpb »

Ok, thanks.

I saw some other posts that 2.0 will have a lot of improvements, seemingly related to this. Of course, I am hoping to live long enough to see 2.0 released.

--peter
pbpb

Post by pbpb »

oh... also, will 2.0 show bitrate in properties screen?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Not sure if it is fully redesigned, will check in few days.
Best regards,
Pavle