Album Metadata erased when multiple items are updated

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Cinnamingirl

Album Metadata erased when multiple items are updated

Post by Cinnamingirl »

I was unable to find this particular error anywhere so apologies if it has been reported already.

The 'Albums' list is being populated with duplicates when there is an album that has multiple 'Album Authors'. When I select those items and edit the Album and Album Artist to be the same using the checkmark, the album information is just deleted from all of the tracks instead of updated. This has happened with a couple hundred tracks and it's really annoying, especially since there seems to be no way to refresh the original metadata so I can fix it without going to find and edit everything by hand.

I'm on a Pixel 2 with Android Q and the most recent version of MMA. Log Id: F17LZTD6LJ

Side note, is there any way to get rid of the 'unknown album' at the end of the list? The album isn't unknown - I have removed that metadata on purpose and don't need it to be grouped like that.
-----
MMA on a Pixel 6a
MMW on a Surface Pro 8
Peke

Re: Album Metadata erased when multiple items are updated

Post by Peke »

Hi.
If you delete tracks from Device and re-sync they will get Metadata that you have on MMW/MM5.

If you have Pro Version you can separate Artists and Album Artists by personalizing home screen, so you do not get things mixed out, that also resolves issue with Unknown Album Artists and they will not be shown under browsing by Artists.

FYI When I have compilations(Multi Artists Albums) I always Ser Album Artist to Various Artists so that they are not mixed with correct Album Artists or track Artists.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Cinnamingirl

Post by Cinnamingirl »

Hi, thanks, but that answer doesn't really help me as at the time, I wasn't even using MMW - just MMA. I am using MMW now and after updating all of my metadata I haven't had this issue again (because I am not editing metadata on my phone), but it seems pretty clearly to be a bug in MMA.

Also, "unknown album" is still showing in the bottom of my albums list. Is there no way to remove it? These are "unknown" - they don't have an album, on purpose, because I don't use albums for the most part.
-----
MMA on a Pixel 6a
MMW on a Surface Pro 8
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, if Album has no value it will be in unknown, this way you still have access to the files through those sections.
victor.bokulic

Post by victor.bokulic »

Have same issue with compilation albums where for an album each track was the track artist but the album artist recorded as 'various artists ' pc version of Media Monkey this is listed correctly BUT on the Android version of Media Monkey the album artist listed is the artist of the first track.

Note, i an using the same files as on PC and on my Android phone will all mp3 tags mapped.

Is there a solution to this bug?

Issue seems when track artist for an album doesn't match the Album Artist.