Track numbering

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Gray Beard

Track numbering

Post by Gray Beard »

After recently syncing my music collection to my devices, I noticed that the track numbering for all albums has changed. Where the tracks on any given album were displayed in MMA as (using the MMW notation):

<Track#> <Title>

example:

1 Riding With the King

They are now displayed as:

<Disc><Track#:2>. <Title>

example:

101. Riding With the King

I can't find any setting in MMA that would affect this.

The problem occurs on both my Samsung Galaxy Note10+ and Galaxy Tab S6 running MMA 1.4.1.0937 on Android 10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Lowlander

Re: Track numbering

Post by Lowlander »

That's by design, so that you can easily also see what disc a file is on.
Gray Beard

Post by Gray Beard »

Thanks. That makes sense, up to a point. In a perfect world, I like to see the numbering format be settable on a per-album basis. Single-disc albums obviously don't need the additional digit.

Further confusing the issue is that the songs on my tablet have mysteriously reverted back to the first format. I don't understand the different behavior of the same version of MMA on two different devices.
cbeschler

Post by cbeschler »

I have an issue with incorrect track numbering in MMA. Some of my albums have the tracks numbered correctly, that is with the three digit number that includes the disc number (101, 102, 103 etc). Some of my albums have the old nomenclature, that is just a single digit (1., 2., 3. etc). Lastly, some of my albums have a mix of correct and incorrect numbering. That is, some tracks in the album have the three digit numbering while some tracks in the same album have single digit numbering.

I am running Android 9 in MMA and MediaMonkey 5, Release Candidate RC-2 in Windows 10. I have attached screen shots of each of the scenarios above from my device that runs MMA.

Image Image Image
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Check the Disc#. If it is a single digit you likely are missing the Disc# value.
cbeschler

Post by cbeschler »

I checked the disc numbers for many albums. All are single digits, mostly "1". Even the album from the artist "Flowing Tears" that I made a screen shot of has the disc number of "1" and the track numbering for this album is correct in that it is 3 digits as you can see from the screen shot.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, the number shown on your screenshot is a combo Disc#/Track# number. So when Disc# is available it's added to the number thus resulting in a 3 digit number.
cbeschler

Post by cbeschler »

Thank you. I understand how the numbering system works. That is why I don't understand that when I have disc numbers for all of my albums, some have 3 digit track numbers while others only have a 1 digit track number.
cbeschler

Post by cbeschler »

I also don't understand why the same album would have some tracks with a 3 digit number, while others only have a 1 digit track number.
cbeschler

Post by cbeschler »

Good evening, I haven't heard back regarding why my track numbers aren't consistently three digits. I don't know if this is an MMA or MM5 issue. It wasn't corrected with the most recent Release Candidate. Please see screen shots posted above. If I am the only user having this problem, I will have to accept it and move on. Thank you in advance for any feedback. Am excited about purchasing production version.
cbeschler

Post by cbeschler »

I apologize for continuing this discussion, but I've found a pattern. All my tracks loaded into my device with a three digit track number. Once my device plays the track, it converts that track number to one digit. Don't know if this was programmed to happen. If not, hope this helps in solving the issue.
sonymaster

Post by sonymaster »

I have the same problem. I did a fresh sync via usb from mmw5 to mma. All tracks from albums with discnumber were displayed with 3digits. After any sync via WiFi, the discnumber disapears and only 2digit track numbers are displayed. So it is mixed up.
Deleting the album via sync and resyncing it over WiFi doesn't help.