set gap between tracks

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

rhpgBowie

set gap between tracks

Post by rhpgBowie »

Especially in shuffle mode, I find it annoying that the next track kicks in while the song playing has hardly ended. In MMA I can select Crossfade, but there seems to be no way to set a time gap between songs. I would really value the option to set e.g. 2 seconds of silence between tracks. Please put this on the enhancement requests list.
artworksmetal

Re: set gap between tracks

Post by artworksmetal »

I agree that this is just as important a feature as cross fading and should be built into the program.
There is however an old addon called Silence Between Songs viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42775 .
It's a lengthy thread that you have to kind of plow through, because you have to tweak the code a little to get it to work in MM4.
You will also want to uncheck (disable) the "Remove silence at beginning / end of track" option in the output plug-in, as mentioned in the thread.
MM Gold since 2005
MMA Pro since 7/14

The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself.
Oscar Wilde
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That Addon only works on MMW, not MMA. For MMA there is no solution.
philosurfer

Post by philosurfer »

In case more entries get noticed by the dev team, I'd also like this feature; the current method just takes away some of the joy/meaning of the music (I sometimes just switch to another piece of software).

Rich