Unselected files not deleting upon wifi sync

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

TroubleClef

Unselected files not deleting upon wifi sync

Post by TroubleClef »

When I delete files from playlist in MMW, they aren't deleted from MMA device upon wifi sync. I have these settings enabled in MMW device profile.

MMA beta version 1.4.2.0945
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
Lowlander

Re: Unselected files not deleting upon wifi sync

Post by Lowlander »

Deleted from Playlist or also from the MediaMonkey Library? Are you sure the files aren't part of another sync selection?
TroubleClef

Post by TroubleClef »

Yeah they still exist in the MMW library. And I only have one playlist set to sync to the device, and that's the playlist I deleted the tracks from in MMW.
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you sure you only have that 1 Playlist (no other selections like Collections or sub-sets of Collections like Genres, etc selected for Sync?

It generally turns out that either the files were still selected or that the delete settings were wrong.
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

TroubleClef wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:32 amI have these settings enabled in MMW device profile.
Do you have the "delete unselected device contect" checkboxes set in MMA (not MMW)?
Options => Sync Setting => storage => ...
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Andre_H wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:11 pmset in MMA (not MMW)?
It's the same setting. Changing settings in MMA changes the settings in MMW where the Device Profile is stored.
TroubleClef

Post by TroubleClef »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:14 pm Are you sure you only have that 1 Playlist (no other selections like Collections or sub-sets of Collections like Genres, etc selected for Sync?

It generally turns out that either the files were still selected or that the delete settings were wrong.
Yeah it's only the one playlist that I can see selected, no other collections or playlists selected in the MMW device profile.

To the point of the delete settings in MMA, I see there are three possible boxes to check in Options => Sync Setting => storage =>
"Auto-sync device content", "Delete unselected content copies", "Delete all unselected content"

Of those three, only the second is currently checked. I don't recall ever changing these settings and deleting unselected files had worked up to now, but is the problem related to one of these other boxes being un-checked?

In MMW device profile I have selected "Delete other files and playlists from the device: Unselected library files" in the device tab. In the Library tab I have selected "Auto-sync file metadata from the device to the PC"

Thanks
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
TroubleClef

Post by TroubleClef »

So if the MMA settings I listed above aren't an issue, what next?
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Of those three, only the second is currently checked. I don't recall ever changing these settings and deleting unselected files had worked up to now, but is the problem related to one of these other boxes being un-checked?
TroubleClef wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:54 am So if the MMA settings I listed above aren't an issue, what next?
Check in all 3 options and see what happens? :wink:
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView