Some music videos (mp4) play in a different screen and play double

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Buttertea

Some music videos (mp4) play in a different screen and play double

Post by Buttertea »

Android: 10, latest patch, Motorola One
MMA: 1.4.2.0945

I have a library with mixed mp3s and mp4s. All the mp4s are categorised as Music Videos.
No synced audio at all on my phone.

Via MMA, UPnP, I noticed that if I want to play a selection of music and music videos (in my case, choosing a genre) it isn't going as smoothly as it does in MMW.
Going to the start of an mp4, it takes a lot longer before it actually starts playing for instance.

The above is a bit of extra information that may or may not be related to the main issue I'd like to address below.
---------------------------------
When it goes to an mp4 it sometimes shows a different 'player', a different screen at least, or UI, I don't know what to call it.

As examples:
This is what all the mp3s and some of the mp4s show (as expected):
Mp3 - Image
Mp4 - Image

This is what some of the mp4s show (not expected): Image

I hope the difference above is clear: No play buttons, different progression bar, not all the options, and such.

But that's not all, cause after it has played a song with that different screen it stops, like so: Image

Then you can press the back button (there's no 'Continuing') in top left and you get the *same song* but with the screen you expected to get the first time around, like so: Image

It will not start itself though, you have to press play and then you finally see the song playing in the screen that you wanted: Image

The above can be reproduced without fail. The only time it changes the mp4s it does this to, is when the Now Playing order changes.

I couldn't find a ticket for this. But can this really be the first time it got noticed? Or... don't say it's just me :-(.

NB: I'm not allowed to add images, so I added spaces to the URLS as suggested (and also deleted the 's' in https). Hope you can put it back together.
Buttertea

Re: Some music videos (mp4) play in a different screen and play double

Post by Buttertea »

I'm bumping it, sorry.

Am I really the only one with this issue? If there's only just one person who can tell me he can play Music Vids and Audio mixed without having this issue on MAA then at least I know the app *can* work and it could be something on my end. But if so, what am I doing wrong?

Or does everybody have it and it's a known problem and I just don't know.

Either way, something is going pretty wrong. Any help?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It maybe device specific, I can't replicate on Moto X4, Huawei P30 Lite, Huawei P20 Lite, Nexus 9, Nexus 7.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Buttertea

Post by Buttertea »

Sort of relieved that it's not the app. Bit bummed out that I have no idea what to do about it.

I'll see if I can test it on a different device myself. If it turns out to be just the device then I'm ok with it, in regards that I don't have to look any further :-).

In any case, thanks very much for getting back @Peke, appreciated.
Buttertea

Post by Buttertea »

I tested it on a Samsung and you're right, it works there just fine.

Maybe at some point it will work that way for the Motorola One / Android One too?
Buttertea

Post by Buttertea »

Update: I think I found the actual culprit.

It's the option "Use to play video" which is by default enabled.

I had it disabled from the start and then it does that thing where it's switching players and not continuing correctly when there's a mix of audio and music video.
It explains also why it worked on the Samsung I tried, cause I didn't mess with the settings there, so it was enabled.

I thought that option was for deciding if MMA should be used when opening a vid (like Windows' linking of extensions to program execution).

In any case, maybe this info helps in looking into it further? Cause it's not a smooth experience yet regardless.