MMA / Folder / Music: Duplicate directories and incorrect nb tracks reported

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

rudyt

MMA / Folder / Music: Duplicate directories and incorrect nb tracks reported

Post by rudyt »

May be this issue is related to my other issue "MMA Android 11 - Sync never ends - Turning Circle"

Each song in my library has 1 (and only 1) genre.
If i click on MMA / Genres and if i add the number of tracks, then the total is 26.000, that is correct. Exactly the number of tracks downloaded from MMW.

If i click on MMA / Folder / Music directory: MMA says that i have 42.014 tracks.
If i click on this folder, i see that nearly each artist directory is duplicated and the number of tracks reported is incorrect

Ex:
Artist: 2 Belgen
The directory of my phone has 2 subdirectories (2 albums) : One with 1 mp3 + 1 jpg and one with 4 mp3 + 1 jpg. Total : 5 mp3

MMA reports 2 lines:
- 2 Belgen 9 tracks ==> 2 albums (2 tracks and 8 tracks) ==>When i open the 2 albums: the first one has only 1 track. The second one has 4 tracks
- 2 Belgen 1 track ==> Empty (no files in the folder)
See below:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bwm9rlr9bfy1k ... y.jpg?dl=0

MMW 4.1.31.1919 (windows 10 64bit)
MMA Beta 1.4.3.0948 (samsung s10+ android 11 OneUI 3.1)
MMA Pro
Music in MMA: 3914 directories (artists), 26000 files, 244Gb
Music in MMW: 95000 mp3
Lowlander

Re: MMA / Folder / Music: Duplicate directories and incorrect nb tracks reported

Post by Lowlander »

Folders shows whats on the device which can be more than is in MMA itself. I'd probably remove all files from device and Sync again.

You can try syncing with the delete option set to all other media files in the Device Profile, but as the files aren't in MMA this probably won't do the trick.
rudyt

Re: MMA / Folder / Music: Duplicate directories and incorrect nb tracks reported

Post by rudyt »

Yes, but it is the opposite. It is MMA that counts more files than what is on the phone
Samsung explorer shows only 1 directory per artist. MMA often shows 2 directories for the same artist and counts more mp3. Why ?

I have cleaned my phone memory 1 week ago + uninstall MMA & MMA Pro.
I renamed the old Mediamonkey directory to be sure that I reinstalled from scratch in a new directory
I reinstall MMA & MMA pro. I have resynchronized my 26000 files. Everything was OK last week.

I have just synchronized few times less than 200 mp3 since last week, but these synchronizatons never end or end after more than 8 hours.
I try to understand where the issue comes from.
Today, I synched only 2 mp3 to my smartphone. The 2 files are on the phone after few seconds, but the circle is still turning after 5 hours and the battery of my phone is really hot. I have just killed mediamonkey to avoid having damage on my phone.