When making smart playlist can album/podcast be restricted to given media type

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

frankenpod

When making smart playlist can album/podcast be restricted to given media type

Post by frankenpod »

If I want to create a smart playlist, using 'advanced' mode, and I pick "podcast equals..." I get a radio-button checklist of podcast titles to pick from...except it's not just podcast titles, it includes every title of every music album in there as well, even if I've already specified 'podcasts' in the search limiter box. Similar issue happens if I pick 'artist' or if I'm looking only at 'music' (when it includes all the podcasts as well). Either way this makes the list very long and makes it much more time-consuming to scroll through it to find the podcast (or music album) I want to add. It would be easier if that drop-down radio-button selection list only included either podcasts or music depending on what was specified in the 'search' box.

(Edit - this is a feature request rather than a bug report, I guess.)
Peke

Re: When making smart playlist can album/podcast be restricted to given media type

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Add Criteria Extension or path (.wma) to filter playlist further.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
frankenpod

Re: When making smart playlist can album/podcast be restricted to given media type

Post by frankenpod »

Yeah, sorry, didn't say it clearly. I don't mean 'media type' as in codec, I mean as in 'podcast' vs 'music' vs 'audiobook' - as selected in the 'search' box at the top of the autoplaylist settings dialog. Clearly MM has a concept of the difference between those things, as you can confine searches to one such category, but if you select one of them, and then select 'album' (or 'podcast') to select particular ones, it still gives you a list including all the 'album' titles/podcast names from the other categories.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
That is not yet possible in MMA, we are looking into how to add Auto-Playlists directly in MMA. Currently You can create such playlists in MM5 and sync them like that to MMA.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts