Compilation Albums: albums not mapping to Album Artists

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

victor.bokulic

Compilation Albums: albums not mapping to Album Artists

Post by victor.bokulic »

Issue is with MMA not correctly mapping compilation Albums based on "Album Artist" for albums that have multiple artists. These "various artists" albums are listed randomly by a single track artist within the compilation album.

I have Media monkey on the PC, using the same files map correctly the Album artists for compilation albums and group these correctly. On MMA does not.

Viewing DB table for "Albums" table on MM PC album "artists" maps correctly for compilation Albums, e.g. "Various Artists".

Viewing DB MMA the album table "Artists" tend to map to a random track artist instead of the compilation Album Artist. I have used the same files on both PC and Android devices.

I really would like to group compilation Albums together based on Album Artist field. (I don't always tag compilation album artists as "Various Artists" , I also use "TripleJ" or "Trojan Records" to group compilation Albums together. )

Is there a solution to this?
Lowlander

Re: Compilation Albums: albums not mapping to Album Artists

Post by Lowlander »

How did you copy the files to the device and which item do you select on the Home Screen in MMA? Is it Artist, Album Artist, or Artist & Album Artist?