MMA Sync keeps failing [#17781]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

CosmicKnowledge

MMA Sync keeps failing [#17781]

Post by CosmicKnowledge »

I've sent several logs from within the MMA About-->send log function.

I don't know what else to tell you except that it fails after a few songs saying "Sync failed". I'm using a Sony NW-A105 with a 256gb SD card. Since sync has been broken for so long, I jump started the process by syncing directly to the SD card (removing it from the A105). Subsequent Sync still doesn't seem to work.

I'm using the payware version.
Ludek

Re: MMA Sync keeps failing

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
can you please specify:
- log ID that you submitted
- exact MMA version and MMW version currently using during the Wi-Fi sync
CosmicKnowledge

Ludek wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:40 am Hi,
can you please specify:
- log ID that you submitted
- exact MMA version and MMW version currently using during the Wi-Fi sync
MMW - 5.0.0.2333 (portable mode)
MMA - 1.4.3.0950

Both are the payware versions. The following involves MMA on a Sony NW-A105 Android music player. I also have a Galaxy Note 9 Android cellphone with MMA and it has problems as well, but that's for another day.

MMA sync attempt 1: "Connecting to WiFi network. Please wait." The dialogue then disappeared and it went back to the main menu. I tried to sync again and it just says the same thing again, endlessly.

Otherwise these problems also exist:
[*] The playlist scroll list has a visual bug. It starts halfway on the list and you can only ever scroll between halfway and all the way to the end. So you can never scroll to the 1st half of the list.

[*] Sync will start downloading many files but it errors out after about 50 songs. Since it's not verbose, I don't know what it failed at.

[*] "Connecting to Wifi network. Please wait..." will sometimes show endlessly.

[*] On the main menu, there is always a spinning busy icon. I wish I knew what it was doing and I wish there was a way to stop any background scans because it eats up tons of battery power and it comes on at the worst times.

Question: Sony doesn't support the OGG format (even though it's open source). If I use MMA to play the music, will it be able to decode OGG? I'd rather sync all my FLAC songs to this player at HQ OGG instead of MP3, which is inferior.

I just submitted log ID: 9RG211UANE

Thanks for your help.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thanks, I asked MMA colleague to look into your issues, he will back here after the weekend to analyze.
CosmicKnowledge

Ludek wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:32 pm Thanks, I asked MMA colleague to look into your issues, he will back here after the weekend to analyze.
It wasn't showing the spinning wait icon on the main menu so I tried to sync again. It got through around 10 songs before getting the error "sync incomplete".

Log ID: QWYD3W8MCE
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Thanks for your Log.
The issue is fixed in the next beta build 1.4.4.952 https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17645
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, while this issue is fixed in 1.4.4.952 there was also an unexpected thing on the MM5 side which I would like to analyze.

Could you please also generate MM5 log of the Wi-Fi sync, item 4b here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
i.e.
- run DbgView
- run MM5
- start Wi-Fi sync
- save output from the DbgView (menu file > save) once the Wi-Fi sync failure happens

Thanks!
CosmicKnowledge

Ludek wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:09 pm Hi, while this issue is fixed in 1.4.4.952 there was also an unexpected thing on the MM5 side which I would like to analyze.

Could you please also generate MM5 log of the Wi-Fi sync, item 4b here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
i.e.
- run DbgView
- run MM5
- start Wi-Fi sync
- save output from the DbgView (menu file > save) once the Wi-Fi sync failure happens

Thanks!
MM5.0.0.2333 - portable mode, purchased, debug version
MMA 1.4.3.0950 - purchased. On Sony NW-A105. Upload log ID: 27SZTTXCJT
https://stellar7.org/MM/2021.04.19-Sync%20failed.log.7z

Question: Sony doesn't support the OGG format (even though it's open source). If I use MMA to play the music, will it be able to decode OGG? I'd rather sync all my FLAC songs to this player at HQ OGG instead of MP3, which is inferior.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thanks for the MMW log.

The log confirmed a bug in the initial track pairing process MMW<>MMA that is fixed in MMA 1.4.4.952

Nevertheless the pairing process happens only on fresh installs of MMA/MMW or when you change the syncing MMW instance.
So I wonder what was your case? Couldn't it be that you upgraded MM4 --> MM5, but haven't imported the settings and database from MM4 thus also all the the sync data has been lost and the pairing process is needed on first sync with MM5?
If yes, then importing MM4's database should be a workaround for you and all the sync/pairing wouldn't be needed at all.
CosmicKnowledge

Ludek wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:54 am Thanks for the MMW log.

The log confirmed a bug in the initial track pairing process MMW<>MMA that is fixed in MMA 1.4.4.952

Nevertheless the pairing process happens only on fresh installs of MMA/MMW or when you change the syncing MMW instance.
So I wonder what was your case? Couldn't it be that you upgraded MM4 --> MM5, but haven't imported the settings and database from MM4 thus also all the the sync data has been lost and the pairing process is needed on first sync with MM5?
If yes, then importing MM4's database should be a workaround for you and all the sync/pairing wouldn't be needed at all.

When I check the Google App Store for updates, there is no update. 1.4.3.0950

I imported MM4 a long time ago, and I've been an unpaid beta-tester / customer for MM5 for many months. I have no MM4 database to import since I've been managing music and syncing to various devices for months.

I just tried sync again and it did some things, but ultimately failed within 3 minutes. In the past I have been able to sync with this device but now it's a paperweight.
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Hi new build MMA 1.4.4.952 will be available this week.
Thanks for your patience.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

FYI: MMA 1.4.4.0952 is already available
But please update also MM5 to 5.0.1.2401 : viewtopic.php?p=480853#p480853 (due to issue https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17781 that has been fixed in 5.0.1.2401)

And let us know whether the Wi-Fi sync is working for you finally,
thanks for your patience!
CosmicKnowledge

Ludek wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:56 am FYI: MMA 1.4.4.0952 is already available
But please update also MM5 to 5.0.1.2401 : https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 53#p480853 (due to issue https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17781 that has been fixed in 5.0.1.2401)

And let us know whether the Wi-Fi sync is working for you finally,
thanks for your patience!
Hi. How do I update MMA? When I try to update it in Android Play it finds no updates.
Lowlander

Re: MMA Sync keeps failing [#17781]

Post by Lowlander »

It's available as beta which requires signing up to be a beta tester: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 21&t=89969
CosmicKnowledge

Re: MMA Sync keeps failing [#17781]

Lowlander wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:25 pm It's available as beta which requires signing up to be a beta tester: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 21&t=89969
It got a little farther this time but it still died. MMA Debug Log = NEXYHLGTE9

Error = "Waiting for file to convert (55/7662)"
MMA latest. MM 5.0.1.2407. MM5 is not converting anything... it's not using the CPU the way it normally does when converting file format.