[SOLVED] Some MP3s don't play on my Sony NW-A105

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Snofru

[SOLVED] Some MP3s don't play on my Sony NW-A105

Post by Snofru »

For software versions please see my signature.

I have some MP3 files that MMA just refuses to play on my Sony NW-A105.

I see the songs in my library and in the playlists and when I select them they just don't play. When in a playlist the next song starts.
These MP3s play absolutely fine in MMW4, MMW5, in MMA on my Galaxy S9 and on my NW-A105 when I use another APP (the Sony Music APP). Only the combination of these songs with MMA and the NW-A105 doesn't work.
The files I have found so far are all from one album, they have been ripped by me years ago from CD in iTunes. The CD is from a set, the songs from other CDs that have been ripped from the same set at the same time play normally.
The songs sync normally (WiFi sync) without issue.
Even when I copy these songs manually to my NW-A105 they don't play in MMA.

I have sent to you the Log JZ9XTBMN7R after trying to play these MP3s.

I can also provide the files if you are interested.
MMW Version 5.1.0.2827 Portable
Samsung Galaxy S23+, S9 and Sony NW-A105 with MMA Beta 2.0.0.1156
Snofru

Re: Some MP3s don't play on my Sony NW-A105

Post by Snofru »

My big concern was that more songs could have the problem of not playing. Therefore I have checked every single album with mp3 files on the NW-A105 and only the one mentioned here can't be played (what a conincidence that this was the first album - out of about 1000 - I have played on my brand new NW-A105!). I have deleted these files and ripped the album again (now to FLAC), now it plays without issue.
MMW Version 5.1.0.2827 Portable
Samsung Galaxy S23+, S9 and Sony NW-A105 with MMA Beta 2.0.0.1156