Names imported poorly

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

Kazimierz

Names imported poorly

Post by Kazimierz »

For some of my albums, art and artist/title show up great. For others, MediaMonkey only shows one, or the first few letters, of the band and song title. For example I have several Guster albums, most show up as Guster, one shows up as Gu, and for that one, song titles go 4 letters deep and stop. Similar problem with an AFI album I have, the artist only shows up as A. Editing the properties for all of these has not yielded results, there is no visible change, and they continue to show up incorrectly. An automatic album art, update tags feature would be great, too :)
Kazimierz

Re: Names imported poorly

Post by Kazimierz »

OK, quick update. Changing the name of the artist, say from "Inc" to "Incubus" will move the folder ("Make Yourslf") with the rest of Incubus. However, the folder "Inc" stays with nothing in it. Deleting that now empty "Inc" folder deletes the music from "Make Yourself".

Another glitch? I have one album that showed up as Tegan & Sara, and two that showed up as Tegan and Sara. In the album options I changed the one & to "and", leaving an empty folder, and putting all three albums together. I then renamed the empty folder to Tegan and Sara, and they merged happily (unlike AFI and Incubus). However, the merged Tegan and Sara folder still reports 2 albums, but clicking it and entering shows all 3.

EDIT: Upon resetting the computer, Tegan and Sara show up fine, as having 3 albums. However, there continues to be two empty folders: One titled "A" and one titled "Inc" (the former AFI and Incubus folders). I can not edit the properties of these folders, clicking to do so has no effect, and no box pops up.

Renaming two albums in one artist folder, in this case "AFI" and albums "Crash Love" and "Crash Love [Bonus Disk]" or something like that, renaming the bonus to standard Crash Love, the albums merge flawlessly, no problems, no left over empty folder. This works, but with artists there's a glitch, but not on all.

Please add downloadable album and artist art <3
Kazimierz

Post by Kazimierz »

No improvement with the most recent update
jiri

Post by jiri »

Could you please send us a sample file that exhibits the problem?

Thanks,
Jiri
Kazimierz

Post by Kazimierz »

I uninstalled and reinstalled with the new update. The problem appears to be fixed. Editing A to AFI leaves the folders as they are, but clicking back to the main then back to the artist view, everything is properly ordered :D