Importing Playlist Question

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

funky monky

Importing Playlist Question

Post by funky monky »

Heollooo alll

I am trying to import my playlists (.wpl) from media player.
Using media player, I have converted the playlists to .m3u format & now see double playlists in media player, one in .wpl and one in .m3u (I checked them).

Here is the problem: when I rescan the music library nothing comes in. When I use the "open File" button & navigate to a playlist in .m3u format Media Monkey gives me this message: FOLDER ACCESS NEEDED Application need access rights to folder with tracks from imported playlist....(it lists the playlist I am trying to import).

What gives?
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
PetrCBR

Re: Importing Playlist Question

Post by PetrCBR »

Hi. Can you send me your m3u file (petr <att> mediamonkey <dott> com) ?

EDIT: i've fixed some issues in m3u support (issue with tracks beginning with .\ or ..\)
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
AndrewSaint

Post by AndrewSaint »

PetrCBR,

Are there still issue with playlists containing entries that start with "..\"? I have a new Win8.1 notebook, and keep all my music (and playlists) on a network drive. I've been able to import all of my music into the MediaMonkey app (1.0.4.62), but none of my playlists have appeared. (I keep them in a directory called Playlists in the same directory as all my music - i.e., Y:\FamilyMusic\Playlists).

A typical playlist on my drive looks something like this:
#EXTM3U

# Playlist for The Beatles' 1966 album, Revolver

..\The Beatles\Revolver\Taxman.mp3
..\The Beatles\Revolver\Eleanor Rigby.mp3
These playlists worked just fine in MediaMonkey 4.0.7.1511. Is there something I need to do?

Thanks for your help!
-A
dave851

Post by dave851 »

Just a generic question. In my music library I have dozens and dozens of Imported Playlists that always come up when I search for my playlists. Not sure if this is a partly cause I also have iTunes (although I dont really use it, but like how it organizes some music for playlist copy over into MM). And it seems every time I run MM it creates more imported playlists with lots of duplications. What am I doing wrong. Or do u need more information before giving assistance? windows 10 PC
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

dave851 wrote:Just a generic question. In my music library I have dozens and dozens of Imported Playlists that always come up when I search for my playlists. Not sure if this is a partly cause I also have iTunes (although I dont really use it, but like how it organizes some music for playlist copy over into MM). And it seems every time I run MM it creates more imported playlists with lots of duplications. What am I doing wrong. Or do u need more information before giving assistance? windows 10 PC
Those are playlists imported from the add/rescan function. So it means somewhere on your PC you have playlist files that are being imported.

You could find them on the drive and delete from the system or just uncheck "m3u" and other playlist types from the file types to scan in the add/rescan window.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.