using/installing scripts/add ons

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

51k.bos

using/installing scripts/add ons

Post by 51k.bos »

Ok I'm a complete noob and am trying to learn how to use media monkey... It's versatility is what I need from a media player... The price for that versatility however is that it isn't exactly idiot proof and for me has a bit of a learning curve..I feel that it is mostly due to running it on windows 8...( which I've found seems to make everything in my life more difficult :x )
That being said I have read and reread the FAQ and the instructions provided with the addon but
I'm still having trouble. .. I've downloaded a few different ones, some with an installer and some without and can't figure any
of them out. Now, I'm no computer genius but I'm not completely ignorant either...
Why can't I find a tools menu anywhere... When I open the downloaded script file in windows I'm asked what program to use... and after some research I finally found where it is it's exe is stored... after I point windows to use MM a dialog box pops up saying "this application can only run in the context of an app container" I think it means it has to be ran from MM... But I can't find any way to do that either. ..I'm trying not throw the proverbial
towel in on MM just yet but I'm to the pulling your hair out frustrated point. ..

On a side note... Will the windows 10 release (due out 7/29) have any impact on MM?
nohitter151

Re: using/installing scripts/add ons

Post by nohitter151 »

Scripts/addons work only on MediaMonkey for Windows, not MediaMonkey metro version.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
51k.bos

Post by 51k.bos »

I didn't realize there was a difference? I take it metro is what is offered in the Microsoft app store and obviously what I installed. I wish Microsoft would have been a little more forthcoming with that information...I just wasted about 8 hours of my life.... ok so if I download and install the full version of media monkey, everything I've read up on thus far will now make sense. ..im wondering How easy or difficult is it to transfer everything over from metro...I have a huge library and it took forever to scan all of my media.... Will I Have to start the whole process over?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You'll have to rescan everything again as both products work independently.