How do you search for a song in MM8 (metro) on Windows 10?

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

Darryl_Gittins

How do you search for a song in MM8 (metro) on Windows 10?

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but I'm stumped. I have MM8 (metro) installed in Windows 10 on a small tablet. How do you search for a song? There appears to be no search option within MM8. I see how to do it in W8, but the function is gone in W10.

Thanks.
Lowlander

Re: How do you search for a song in MM8 (metro) on Windows 1

Post by Lowlander »

Isn't search it in the Charmbar? I must admit I haven't seen it in Windows 10 (instead there is an Action Center).
Darryl_Gittins

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

The Charms bar is gone in W10. I found the Search function in MM8, but it's really hard to access in W10. You drag down from the top of the screen to access a tiny little (...), click that (which is tricky on a small tablet) and then a block of tiny text appears which includes the search function which is also very hard to hit on a small tablet.

It'd be great to move the Search function to a more accessible location (such as on the main page with the other tiles such as Genre and so on).

Any plans for an update to MM8 in the near future?
Peke

Post by Peke »

MM8 is currently in transitioning.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Darryl_Gittins

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

Looking forward to the new version! I don't suppose you might drop some hints about the rough timeframe for a new release?
:D

For now, I think I'm going to roll back from W10 to W8.1, if for no other reason but to get easier access to the Search option in MM8.

I'm not sold on W10 yet.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
For example On my main PC (higher end) Win 10 x64 works flawlessly after initial update and Clean Re-Install Madness, but on my wife PC (x86) I'm getting lots of issues like Start menu or any modern apps do not work and restart is only way to restore it in working order.

On the better side when it works it works much faster and it is more responsive than Win 7 and Win 8.x (which I skipped overall on my PCs) so my 25+ experience with Microsoft tells me that Win 10 is step forward for regular/casual/business user and a small nightmare for System Admins and advanced users eg. something similar that MS done with Win 95 OSR2, Win 98 SE, Win XP SP3, Win 7 SP1 that are polished (Feature/Functioning Complete) versions of original system.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
tartopom3

Post by tartopom3 »

Hi all,

I've been loving your product (Windows desktop version) so much for years, that I downloaded metro version (Win10 here)...excellent, fast GUI but at least, as it is said, it lacks JUST a search button feature on this version...it I didn't find how to raise it...

Thanks, and many regards for this work.