Nokia Lumia 930

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

ToneDef

Nokia Lumia 930

Post by ToneDef »

Hi i am trying to install mm app on nokia lumia 930 running win phone 8.1 - the ms store says that this app "will not work with this device".

Is that correct?

Thanks in advance

Cheers Tony
Lowlander

Re: Nokia Lumia 930

Post by Lowlander »

It's for the desktop version of Windows 8 only.

Post by Guest »

haha . I see, tho why is this different from the full version of the MM software... isn't that for the desktop version of windows products as well?
Thanks for your help!
Cheers Tony
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, there is a desktop version and an App which both run on Windows 8. However Windows 8 RT only runs Apps, thus it's the only option in that case. As Apps really never took off on the Windows platform (both Apps themselves and the adoption of App only versions of Windows) the development has stalled. Besides Apps are severely limited which makes the desktop version far more useful on full-fledged Windows.
Two.Sheds

Post by Two.Sheds »

What is the Media Monkey that everybody else are running on their windows phones? There are plenty of threads about syncing to various Nokia Lumia phones. I have a Lumia 521 running windows 8.1 and it has an ARM processor. At the Microsoft store it says:

Supported operating systems
Windows 10
Windows 8.1
Supported processors
ARM, x86

So it looks like it should work, but like Tonedef I get the "This app does not work on your device."
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

People are syncing from MediaMonkey on their Windows PC, not running MediaMonkey on their device.