Cycles thru tracks but plays nothing

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: Cycles thru tracks but plays nothing

Post by Lowlander »

USB Sync is generally an MTP Driver issue, which unfortunately is provided by the manufacturer: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... ync-fails/

Wifi Sync is generally a network issue. Both MMW and MMA need to be on the same network and the network needs to allow the devices to see each other: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... rk-at-all/

The scanning is an issue we're aware of for M4A files, but you indicate you don't have any. In that case we'll need a log capturing the scanning from MMA (from About) as they're no other known reasons for long scans.

As for playback we have no known reasons it only plays a short part of the file. Do the same files play fully in other Apps on the device? Were the files Auto-Converted during Sync?
David Hillman

Post by David Hillman »

USB Sync is generally an MTP Driver issue
MTP works fine on both phones, and I'm able to mount them in storage mode, and copy over, for example, photos taken with the phone.
Wifi Sync is generally a network issue.
There is no local network issue -- both devices connect and work correctly on my network.
As for playback we have no known reasons it only plays a short part of the file.
Quite likely since people like me have been forced to abandon using Media Monkey Pro for audio playback, and resort to other apps that work -- for free.
Do the same files play fully in other Apps on the device? Were the files Auto-Converted during Sync?
Yes, the files play correctly in all other apps on the device... just not in Media Monkey.

No, they were not auto-converted, as, since I believe I mentioned, sync doesn't work at all. The files were manually copied over to the device's SD card.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I ma not saying that you are not right, but as an example very recently for MM5 instalattion (note that you are using OLD MM4) at bug https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18310 we tweaked how MM5 handle an dwork with Windows Firewall and some third party Anti-Virus/Firewall apps to make UPnP/DLNA/WiFi Sync more reliable. It is constant fight.

Also personally I can confirm that at least 10 users of Samsung devices confirmed that Updating MTP drivers to latest Google USB drivers fixed their issues.

Note that even some things appear to work they are maybe failing in situation like in high traffic of sending files to device and not copy files off device, which is read only for MTP.

Re WiFi sync do not have any relations to Connecting devices to local WiFi network and accessing internet.

Why files do not play in MMA needs to investigated. I do not know what apps you tried, but unlike MMA they may have own Codecs and not using system ones that MMA require for playback.

If you do not feel ik with sharing your setup info publicly please open support ticket amd we will try to hlp you resolve all your issues.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
David Hillman

Post by David Hillman »

(note that you are using OLD MM4)
As previously noted above, if MM4 is obsolete and no longer functional, please advise. Your site specifically mentions syncing from MM4 to MMA, which is why I went ahead and bought MMA Pro even though I am not ready to upgrade to MM5 yet. Last time I tried a major MM upgrade, my database lost all of my ratings and playback history, and I'm disinclined to repeat that adventure.
Also personally I can confirm that at least 10 users of Samsung devices confirmed that Updating MTP drivers to latest Google USB drivers fixed their issues.
I am using the latest drivers available for my device -- not a Samsung -- and again, it works in all other respects.
Re WiFi sync do not have any relations to Connecting devices to local WiFi network
Not sure what you were trying to say there, but I don't think that was it.
Why files do not play in MMA needs to investigated. I do not know what apps you tried, but unlike MMA they may have own Codecs and not using system ones that MMA require for playback.
If MMA cannot play files exported from MM4 with the default MP3 configuration, that would be a bug. And that has been my experience so far.
If you do not feel ik with sharing your setup info publicly
Not sure what else you'd need to know. Android's embedded audio player plays the MP3s correctly. DoubleTwist plays them correctly. Pi plays them correctly. MMA -- does not.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
David Hillman wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:27 pm Not sure what else you'd need to know. Android's embedded audio player plays the MP3s correctly. DoubleTwist plays them correctly. Pi plays them correctly. MMA -- does not.
None of us in Team can replicate the issue, and in almost all previous user reports it as found not MMA issue but device specific changes, in those rare cases here problem as in MMA issue is fixed thru direct support using our ticketing system.

I admit there is a case e could not do anything and it is MMA fault that do not have on codecs, but use codec embed on device with firmware, but again it is something that we can't help if manufacturer decide to heavily customize Android OS.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts