Is MMW designed to support sync with 2 MMA in the same installation?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

kjegou

Is MMW designed to support sync with 2 MMA in the same installation?

Post by kjegou »

i have one MMW on PC and for the moment 1 MMA on my phone.

recently i came up with the idea to dedicate an old phone as more or less a remote control for music at home. Therefore habving MMA on a phone

In the same time i'd like to keep another MMA for my "mobile music".

Is this config overall supported ? Is MMW desisgned to sync with "more than 1 Device" ? I imagine this may not be that easy to memorize and get consistency of playcounts across multiple devices...

Has anyone tested this ?
Andre_H

Re: Is MMW designed to support sync with 2 MMA in the same installation?

Post by Andre_H »

kjegou wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:00 am Has anyone tested this ?
Pretty much on daily base :wink: i sync a Android phone and a Android tablet daily without any issues.
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, each device gets their own Device Profile which has the settings for Sync as well as the content selection for the Sync per device. This means you can Sync with any number of devices.
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Andre_H wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:28 am
kjegou wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:00 am Has anyone tested this ?
Pretty much on daily base :wink: i sync a Android phone and a Android tablet daily without any issues.
I also sync with several devices - probably once a week. This includes Android phone, Android tablets, a USB stick and Garmin GPS. I typically "drive" my syncs from Playlists. I can't say no issues, but some of the issues I have had have been related to poor (cheap) micro SD cards!

Also, sometimes the sync can appear to freeze. To overcome this I open Windows Explorer, click on the device / SD card and then close Windows Explorer. This seems to "free" the problem.

You can see better that things are progressing if you run the Debug version of either MMW4 or MMW5.

Also, I would start small and build up! Perhaps sync one or two Playlists and check everything is as it should be then when it is proven scale up to more. I regularly sync ~950 playlist to the phone and newer tablet.

Finally, give MMA and chance to "catch up" before repeating a sync. You can check this by running MMA and - for example - viewing the newest Playlist created.
Ian Taylor