problem with gapless

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

mpollard

problem with gapless

Post by mpollard »

Hi,

I have been running MMA pro on a Fiio M6, via the Amazon app shop for quite a while now. Everything works great except the gapless playback. Although the gap between tracks is much shorter than when it's turned off, with gapless there is still always a brief gap between tracks that should be continuous, and the problem is the same across different albums. I am running the latest version from the Amazon store but this has always been an issue. The native Fiio app is able to play the same tracks gapless, and they play gapless in MMW. They are in FLAC on an SD card. The library on the M6 is large (380GB on a 512GB SD card, mostly FLACs), in case that is relevant.

Is there a way to troubleshoot this? As I don't have access to google play on the Fiio M6 I can't install a beta version etc.

Thanks for any suggestions!
mpollard

Re: problem with gapless

Post by mpollard »

I should add that the same tracks play perfectly gapless in the MMA pro I have installed on my phone, a Moto G5S, via google play store.
thanks
Peke

Re: problem with gapless

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Unfortunately that means that M6 do not natively supports gapless playback eg. overlapping buffers, but it needs to be done in app during post processing :(
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts