Wifi Syncing from MMW5 Writes to Wrong Location

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Geardan

Wifi Syncing from MMW5 Writes to Wrong Location

Post by Geardan »

I'm trying to do something simple, but running into a odd issue. I have my music library on my android in my SD card's "\media\music" folder. All I want to sync is my MMW5 music library, and I set the save location for "Music" in the SD card Devices settings (in MMW5) to "\media\music\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Track #:2> - <Title>". For some reason, songs that are not in the library are still getting downloaded to \Music. Oddly, some songs were correctly added to the "/media/music" folder, but I can't tell what the difference between the ones that work properly and the others is.

In MMA, I've changed the "Library folders" settings repeatedly to include ONLY SD card's "media\music", but the program constantly overwrites those settings, adding back Internal Storage's "/Music" and "/Video", as well as SD card's "/Music/Audiobooks", "/Music/Classical", "/Music/Podcasts", and "/Video". This is very frustrating, and I can't tell if it might be in some way related to the problem I'm having. Somewhere, something seems hard-coded to use "/Music".

Anyway, every time I sync, these same songs are written again, presumably because they don't match anything in the library (which doesn't include "/Music"). I've verified this by changing the album artist on one of the albums and resyncing, and it created another copy of one song from an album that is already in "/media/music", as well as downloading all the other /Music songs again.
Geardan

Re: Wifi Syncing from MMW5 Writes to Wrong Location

Post by Geardan »

I think I've found the commonality among the songs that get written to /Music: they all seem to have digits or special characters in the Title. I can't think of why that would matter, but it seems true. There is one exception, tho. For most albums it only wrote 1-2 songs and they fit the above pattern, but one whole Aimee Mann album got dropped there too, and none of those songs seem to fit the pattern.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Geardan wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:25 pm For some reason, songs that are not in the library are still getting downloaded to \Music.
What do you mean by not in the Library, not in which Library?
Geardan

Post by Geardan »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:27 pm What do you mean by not in the Library, not in which Library?
Sorry, I meant some songs that were new to the mobile device.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Do the files that end up in the wrong location have a different Type assigned (not Music) in MMW?
Geardan

Post by Geardan »

No, Music is the only thing I'm syncing. I don't have anything in any libraries but Music in MMW.

I've noticed that when I start the wifi sync in MMA, that's when the Library Folders setting gets changed. It changes from just:
SD Card - /media/music

to:
Internal /Music & /Video
SD Card (all)
Geardan

Post by Geardan »

I think I may have fixed it. In MMW5 there were still directories listed under the device for all libraries, even though I only have things in the Music library. They were things like /Music/Classical, /Music/Podcasts, etc. I changed them all to be under the /media folder instead of /Music, and now it seems to sync OK. I'm not sure why that caused some music tracks to get written to /Music instead of /media/music before, but now they seem to be getting put in the right place. MMA still adds Internal/Music/Video to the "Library Folders" setting for some reason, but it's no longer changing from my SD card's music library folder to SD Card (all).

I also unchecked "Use Unicode" under the device in MMW. I have an older LG phone, so maybe that was causing a problem.