WAV files - tags and sorting

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

BRedd10815

WAV files - tags and sorting

Post by BRedd10815 »

MMA on android. Files are local. Under the ALBUM category which usually sorts by track number..

With mp3 and flac files, the software is correctly pulling the track number tag and sorting correctly.

With wav files, the software doesn't seem to be picking up the track number. It grabs the files by however android has them currently sorted and uses that (sadly there is no alpha+numerical option or that would be a nice workaround). Note this is just in the ALBUM category. In the TRACKS category, the alpha+numerical sorting is working fine.

So... any way to get MMA to pick up the track number tag of wav files, so that it will sort correctly under the ALBUM category? Is this just a failing of the wav format that cannot be worked around? Do I just need to give up on wav and convert to flac to get my stuff sorted how I want?

Thanks in advance.
Peke

Re: WAV files - tags and sorting

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Unfortunately it looks like Android Media Scanner that MMA 1.x uses do not correctly read RIFF LISTINFO metadata from files.

We are planning to work/implement our own tag reader in MMA 2.x, so you will need to wait till we do it.

On the other hand, if it is not a problem may I ask why are you still using WAV files on Android? Any app (other than MMA) demands it?

I guess yes, you should just Convert all WAVs -> FLAC as it is known that WAV on Android is inefficient if compared to FLAC where both are lossless, I stopped using WAV even on PCs except rarely in Audio Post Production and during Audio Reconstruction where end result is always FLAC.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
BRedd10815

Post by BRedd10815 »

Peke,

Hello, thanks for the reply. I am excited to hear MMA 2.x is being worked on.

No particular reason for having WAV files other than its extra work to convert them. :D

Have a nice day.
Peke

Post by Peke »

It was my pleasure.
BRedd10815 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:10 am No particular reason for having WAV files other than its extra work to convert them.
:) Ok, but it takes one search for all WAV in MM5 Library -> Select all results -> Right click -> Convert Format -> Select FLAC -> OK and Wait.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
pinballwizard

Post by pinballwizard »

Peke wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:48 pm It was my pleasure.
BRedd10815 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:10 am No particular reason for having WAV files other than its extra work to convert them.
:) Ok, but it takes one search for all WAV in MM5 Library -> Select all results -> Right click -> Convert Format -> Select FLAC -> OK and Wait.
is this feature avaialbe in MM Pro on the android platform? I don't see it.

I did just purchase the windows version, but getting the media off the phone and back is a PIA.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, MMA can't convert files.