MM Gold license for Android?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

djkroon

MM Gold license for Android?

Post by djkroon » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:12 pm

Perhaps this is a silly question. I understand that development for Windows applications and other platforms (aka Android) require different skillsets and their own time to develop, but I currently own a Gold Lifetime license for MediaMonkey on Windows. I wondered if there's any chance this would also grant me the Pro version of the Android application. Google recently made changes to their Play Music app and while I love MM on Windows I have yet to try it on Android. I will be installing the Free version first to check it out. I've seen some mixed reviews but hope it outshines GPM. Thanks! -Dan

Lowlander

Re: MM Gold license for Android?

Post by Lowlander » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:06 pm

It is sold as a separate product, thus it requires purchasing in the Play store.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Peke

Post by Peke » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:09 pm

Hi,
Unfortunately no, they are completely different apps.

I do not see why not trying Free version especially if you do not want to use WiFi sync at start.

If you are installing free version, a constructive critics are always welcome.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum

lbfenters

Post by lbfenters » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:12 pm

This thread was started a while back. Is this still the case? I think that this is terrible marketing if it still exists. I've NEVER had to purchase separate computer and android apps before. A European thing maybe?

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:06 am

Yes, they're still sold as separate products. This way MMW users don't have to subsidize MMA if they don't use it.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

ChairPotato

Post by ChairPotato » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:25 pm

Lowlander wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:06 am
Yes, they're still sold as separate products. This way MMW users don't have to subsidize MMA if they don't use it.
MMA came out after MMW so I guess we did pay for it (not just subsidize it). "If they don't use it" is doubtful, unless they have an iPhone or whatever.
I have a lifetime license and am happy to think it helped develop MMA, I had waited a long time for it and always felt that putting the money towards and android app would be a great way to improve the value of MM so I think of it as a burn to have to pay again. There are many examples of Windows software working on Android devices with no extra fees, or a Windows/Mac/Linux inclusive license.

I'm not a salesman but I think the decision is more that Ventis though it would be easier to sell a cheaper license just for MMA in the play store than if they tried for a full priced MMA and MMW license because I think people considering paying for an app in the play store aren't usually concerned about porting to windows. They'd rather only pay a few bucks for that app.

Without affecting the price in the play store for an MMA only license, my question is, why couldn't Ventis also offer a better deal for a MMA extension to a MMW license?