MMA stopped working

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

1337haXXor

Re: WiFi Sync stopped working

Post by 1337haXXor »

I have a similar issue the last couple days. When I click on Mediamonkey for Android, the app immediately opens then force closes. The second time I open it, everything works fine, EXCEPT Sync. Mine will say "syncing" with the spinning circle, but then immediately return to the Mediamonkey home screen. Music playing works and everything else, I just can't sync. And it crashes every first time I open it.. Running newest beta for Windows and Android, haven't changed anything recently.
1337haXXor

Post by 1337haXXor »

Ok, sent the log. It's ID is "Y18WA4EERJ."
1337haXXor

MMA stopped working

Post by 1337haXXor »

Sheesh, don't mean to hijack your post, but my MM is on the fritz! It's as if the program keeps hitting the "back" button every 1 second, exactly! I can't sync, play songs, or do anything, it just automatically goes "back." Uninstalled and left the beta and tried it on the non-beta, still the same thing..

Took a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNK1uSNzb7g

So Wi-Fi sync still doesn't work, if I SPEED through the menus and get set-up, Wi-Fi sync just "backs" like everything else. I can create another post if needed.
Last edited by rusty on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Split
Lowlander

Re: MMA stopped working

Post by Lowlander »

Any other apps experiencing abnormalities (ie. maybe the back button or touch screen are having a malfunction)? Have you since restarted the device?

Are you able to send a debug log (from About screen) right after you experience this? If so reply here with the logID.
1337haXXor

Re: MMA stopped working

Post by 1337haXXor »

No issues with any other app or touchscreen abnormalities. Unable to get a debug because as soon as I start MM, I have less than 1 second before the app force closes. If I'm fast fingered, I can bring up the Options -> About MM, but don't have anywhere near enough time to click to send the debug log and record the ID..
bhiefer

Post by bhiefer »

1337haXXor wrote:Ok, sent the log. It's ID is "Y18WA4EERJ."
Your database is corrupted for some reason. And this causes closing of app when some specific operation occurs. We will try to find out more to be able to help you.
bhiefer

Post by bhiefer »

bhiefer wrote:
Your database is corrupted for some reason. And this causes closing of app when some specific operation occurs. We will try to find out more to be able to help you.
We have found one issue in repeairing DB. But your DB is really completely corrupted and cannot be repaired. We do not know the cause - it can rarely happen due to some write disk error. I know that it is not best solution but I suggest you to uninstall your MMA and go to your storage to /MediaMonkey/files and delete mmstore.db. This will completely delete the DB. Then you can reinstall and resync your media. Thank you for understanding.
1337haXXor

Post by 1337haXXor »

bhiefer wrote:
bhiefer wrote:
We have found one issue in repeairing DB. But your DB is really completely corrupted and cannot be repaired. We do not know the cause - it can rarely happen due to some write disk error. I know that it is not best solution but I suggest you to uninstall your MMA and go to your storage to /MediaMonkey/files and delete mmstore.db. This will completely delete the DB. Then you can reinstall and resync your media. Thank you for understanding.

Haha, just my luck. Well thanks for the help, I really appreciate you guys finding the problem! I do change up the files on my SD card CONSTANTLY (4-5 times a week), so restoring the database isn't that bad, though it's going to take quite some time to "match files" of more than 10,000 songs again.. :)