Help: Duplicate Tracks After Changing SD Card

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Kenneth Evans

Help: Duplicate Tracks After Changing SD Card

Post by Kenneth Evans » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:19 pm

I have searched the forum and find several topics on duplicates but none that matches my situation.

I do not sync my files. The music files are in a directory, Music, on my SD card. I manage that directory manually. The files in it are created with MediaMonkey on a PC and copied there.

I recently changed the physical SD card for my external storage on my Galaxy Note9 because the former one was getting occasional read errors. I had no problems with MediaMonkey before that.

Now for most albums for each track there are two tracks listed that are duplicates of each other. When playing an album it thus plays each track twice. On looking at Properties when a track is playing (the only way I can find to get the file location) then the location is the same (my Music folder) for both duplicates.

I understand MediaMonkey relies on the Media Manager to get its files. I have cleared the app data for both Media Manager and MediaMonkey (and restarted after each), but the problem persists. I have noticed no other problems with media since making the SD card change. PowerAmp, the other media player I use seems to be OK. (I mostly have been using MediaMonkey the last few years.)

For relaxation tapes this is a serious problem for me. I don't want the same track to play twice.

Kenneth Evans

Duplicate Tracks - Cannot fix

Post by Kenneth Evans » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:18 pm

This for Media Monkey on Android.

I changed the external SD card in my phone. Since then I have duplicate tracks for most of my albums. I can find no way to remove them.

Looking at Properties when they are playing shows they are the same file.

My music is all under one directory, Music, on the external card. I transfer the files manually and do not use sync.

If I play an album it plays both tracks as if they were different. This does not work well for audio books, especially.

I have cleared data for both both Media Manager and External Storage then restarted. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled MM.

I also have PowerAmp installed. It works fine and does not have this problem. I believe it is in MM and not in the Media Manager.

This problem is making MM unusable for me.

Kenneth Evans

Re: Help: Duplicate Tracks After Changing SD Card

Post by Kenneth Evans » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:17 pm

I have three storageinfo files on the SD card:

/MediaMonkey
storageInfo.xml
StorageInfo.xml.mmw

/Android/data/com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey/files/files
storageInfo.xml

The latter storageInfo.xml seems to have the current date whereas the first is about the date when I installed the new card.

The renamed one has the prefix of the old card. The other two have the prefix of the current card.

There is also /artworks which has no .nomedia file and so shows in Gallery, and there is also /Android/data/com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey/files/artworks.

Are both these directories needed? Are the two storageInfo.xml files possibly causing the problem?