MMA Album Art not showing (new issue)

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

JLFitzpatrick

MMA Album Art not showing (new issue)

Post by JLFitzpatrick »

Have been using MMA for a couple of years, always confirm Album Art tag and manually place media in SD Card. Lately Album Art is not showing for recently added tracks and albums. Re-search for added media but problem persists. Any thoughts?
IvanP

Re: MMA Album Art not showing (new issue)

Post by IvanP »

I have the same problem. My suspicion is that it stopped working after upgrading Android from v9 to v10.
mmain

Post by mmain »

From my experience, if you install one of the apps to Rescan SD media card and run this following any changes, MMA will correctly find the album art
JLFitzpatrick

Post by JLFitzpatrick »

SD Scan App? Never heard of this, any recommendation?

Personally I think it's a bug in MMA they need to address. Other Music Players have no issue at all with Album Art tags on recently added media (Hifi Cast, GoneMAD, VLC, Google Music, etc. etc.).
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
all apps except Google music use own tagger and read album art on file load. Google music uses commercial service to fetch album art and not its own Google Music Scan service. Our own tagger is planned feature for MMA 2.0
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
JLFitzpatrick

Post by JLFitzpatrick »

Thanks Peke, issue I've been having however is embedded Album Art Tags which show up in other music players but no longer show in MMA for recently added music. All previous tracks have Album Art shown in MMA as before but anything added since about a month ago no longer shows. Phone did update to Android 10 around this time but I don't know if that matters as this hasn't affected Album Art in any other Player. Not a big deal but would appreciate this being fixed.
Springsteenfan

Art work doesn't show after being moved from HD to phone

Post by Springsteenfan »

Am I currently moving my music files over to my phone. The files are not on my C drive, they have their specific HD. On the drive the files show the art work when I look in the folder. But the files on my phone don't show the art work on any of the files I've moved across. I can't move them all over together as it's around 450GB. Is there are a reason as to why the art work isn't showing?
Lowlander

Re: Art work doesn't show after being moved from HD to phone

Post by Lowlander »

How are you moving the files, to what device are you moving the files, what App are you using on the device and how do you store your Artwork (embedded or external)?
Springsteenfan

artwork not showing from transfered music.

Post by Springsteenfan »

I have moved my music from my E: drive to my Samsung A10. I did it via copy and paste, but the artwork doesn't appear. Is there a reason for this? It would be very difficult to try and move them all in one go as it's around 450GB. Any help much appreciated.
Last edited by Lowlander on Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Springsteenfan

Re: Art work doesn't show after being moved from HD to phone

Post by Springsteenfan »

Copying and pasting because it would take probably two days to sync 450GB to my Phone Samsung Galaxy A10. The Artwork is embedded via Tag&Rename. I have MMA it's the latest version I believe.
Lowlander

Re: artwork not showing from transfered music.

Post by Lowlander »

Do you have embedded or external Art and what App do you use on the device?
Springsteenfan

Post by Springsteenfan »

Embedded artwork and the device is a Samsung Galaxy A10.
aztecypher

Post by aztecypher »

I've run into the same issue after upgrading to Android 10. I'm running Ubuntu 18.10 at home so I just copy the folders onto the SD card. My phone is a Samsung S9. Prior to the upgrade I could see all embedded album art. Now, nothing. In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal as I'm not staring at my phone while I listen to my music but it was a nice thing to have.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It is very possible that after Upgrade Samsung changed paths to cached Album arts and it needs to be reset.

Check Both internal and SD card MediaMonkey/Files folder and see if album arts are there?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
aztecypher

Post by aztecypher »

Hi Pavle,

On the SD card I see nothing for album art. Under Internal Storage->MediaMonkey I see a file folder labeled artworks but I only see the two files. One says .nomedia and the other says defaultAlbumArt.png.

Any thoughts?