Ratings deleted when syncing from MMA to MMW

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Daglars

Ratings deleted when syncing from MMA to MMW

Post by Daglars »

Hello!

I recently finished rating about 3500 songs on MMA out of which I intend to keep only the ones that are good enough. To make this process less tedious I attempted to USB sync from my Android phone to a fresh install of MMW on my laptop(since I was travelling), and planned to make smart playlists from there and export just those tracks with certain ratings. After a long sync all the tracks seems synced just fine, but almost all the ratings now seems to have been reset, both on the phone and the laptop, wasting many hours of work. Oddly enough about 20 tracks still have their ratings left, but the rest seems gone. I did have "Auto-sync file metadata from the device to the PC" checked. Furthermore it created a new playlist folder on the phone named "Recently added content" with a playlist inside named "Added from *phone*" with all the tracks in it. Why is this? And is there any way to revert the ratings database or such? I have all the tracks in other backups but would love to not have to re-rate all of them.

Any help would absolutely make my weekend, or even month! :)
Lowlander

Re: Ratings deleted when syncing from MMA to MMW

Post by Lowlander »

MMA only stores metadata changes, like Rating, in it's database. So if they're lost in MMA they are completely lost.
Daglars

Post by Daglars »

Thanks for the input Lowlander! I was afraid that was the case... Ah well, just back at it I guess.. Any idea why it would reset it all like this?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That I don't, I rarely use MMA for tagging. Which version of MMA and MMW did you sync with?