Accessing music library on wd my cloud

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Mozzerscfc

Accessing music library on wd my cloud

Post by Mozzerscfc »

Hi all

Been a user of mm for a number of years via Windows but I have just bought mm Pro for android and hope to complete the below if any person can help
Thanks

I have a western digital my cloud linked to my router and home network
I store primarily all our collections of family photos from all our devices
I have also got a folder where I store my music collection that I have put together over a number of years
I have full access to this music library via my sonos system and it plays really well
When I am working in my garage I have an old but fantastic sounding klipsch speaker that I use and play music stored on my phone bluetoothed to the speaker
I have a large music library on my mobile and this plays great via Bluetooth and mm but there is more music on the my cloud and I want to access that library
I only want to access it locally via the WiFi network
I have tried everything to connect the my cloud hosted music library via mm and blue tooth this to the speaker via my mobile

Any advise guys

Thanks
Lowlander

Re: Accessing music library on wd my cloud

Post by Lowlander »

Does the Router or the WD have an DLNA Server? If so you can access it through UPnP in MMA.
Mozzerscfc

Post by Mozzerscfc »

Thanks for the reply lowlander
If I am being honest the WD my cloud works fantastic, either whilst at home or whilst away from home and is just what I needed for my photos, saying that the interface is very basic and there are no tweaks what so ever it just does what it does really well...until you need to tie it in to another app that is, it works really well with sonos so it should be within scope to easily add this via MM which unfortunately eludes me.
I have checked my router, I am using the TP Orbi mesh system and again it is the answer I was looking for to remove my connection issues whilst moving room to room, but again tieing that to MM and my cloud is perplexing me.
I have been through all the settings and I see no DLNA server settings, it does have UPnP and that has been altered for the mycloud so that I have an internal gateway and an external with both port numbers listed, I had already tried these as the UPnP settings but MM would not accept them and kept telling me that the address was not the correct format, probably a school boy error somewhere but its outfoxing me at the moment
Thanks again for taking the time out to reply
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Sonos, Spotify and such often use proprietary solutions. MediaMonkey uses the industry standard DLNA, but either your Router or the drive would need to support this.

Note that MediaMonkey on a PC that can access the files on the drive (via the File share) would also be able to act as a DLNA Server for your files on the drive to MediaMonkey for Android.
Stedmister

Post by Stedmister »

I having this same issue, So I need to setup a DNLA server on the NAS?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, and most NAS have options (like Twonky Server) available for this.