Lost sync

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Kap1A

Lost sync

Post by Kap1A »

After some times of working normally, I have lost again my library on my Q10. Yesterday I wanted to sync some tracks from MMW via wifi but the Q10 refused to sync while it shows the turning circle.

Always said, connecting please wait. This may last for hours, every time I start the device. I could play the songs but can't sync new ones.

So I pulled out the samsung stick and tried to sync via usb in MMW. The stick was recognised under the Q10 profile and it says that 6700 tracks/tags are missing and will be synced. Although they were on the stick?

So I made the sync. Then put it again in the Q10 and it didn't find the library? It says again, that 6444 tracks have to be synced (over WiFi)?

The tracks are still on the USB stick in the Q10. BUT MMA didn't find them. At least there must be around 14000 tracks on the stick. They can be played (when the library recognise them on the Q10). But new ones can't be synced because MMA says (while the turning circle), connecting, pleas wait (and yes I waited for hours and nothing happened).

I don't know, why the Q10 /MMA lost again the library but rescanning or syncing 14000 every time isn't nice.

Is there a better way to rescan or fix a(maybe) broken library?
MMA 2.0.0.1167 + MMW5 + Orbsmart S86 pro ( android 9) + Orbsmart remote AM1 pro + Nova-Launcher + Moto E22 (android 12) Teufel One M + Teufel One S + Teufel Supreme On Bluetooth
Kap1A

Re: Lost sync

Post by Kap1A »

I've sent you a log (ID: YCKQYFUSU3)
MMA 2.0.0.1167 + MMW5 + Orbsmart S86 pro ( android 9) + Orbsmart remote AM1 pro + Nova-Launcher + Moto E22 (android 12) Teufel One M + Teufel One S + Teufel Supreme On Bluetooth
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

I still can't sync. Actually it says 9488 tracks (it should be 14000+).

When I try to sync MMA says "Sync is waiting for other background operations to complete."
Then nothing happens.
Log:
LH6RG3RUYF
AQ3QA2EDJD

MMA & MMW is the newest version.

:-?
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

In a gap yesterday I could sync for a while. So now are around 13000 tracks on my USB stick. MMA said that sync is completed. But after going back to the tracks MMA there is still the turning circle and again syncing isn't working for the rest of around 1000 tracks. And these tracks are not recognised by MMA in the library although they should be on the stick from the first time.

I will have a look if the files still exists on the stick. It should be easy to find as there are the tracks of Zucchero for example missing.
Last edited by Kap1A on Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

I started and the first thing MMA said was: "database compressing". Then turning circle and again no syncing possible.

The missing folders / tracks are on the stick and I can play them with the musicplayer which is preinstalled on the Q10.

But MMA didn't find them again as there is no syncing possible.

I see the option "check for new/changed media". But how does this work? It starts with the promt "scanning started" , then nothing happens.?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Main problem is USB Stick connected to device. On my Dasaita Car head unit (Android 9.0) and MMA constantly complain that Device is connected, same issue happen on Nexus Player (Android TV 8.1) It is simple the way Android Handle OTG storage and USB Stick is OTG Storage, which have limited functions.

Q10 is very customized device and uses older OS, so I am not sure what is allowed and what is not. MMA 2.0 will have improved OTG support, but it is still in internal pre-alpha testing.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

Hmm, it worked for years and now for some weeks I had these permanent problems. This morning I could use a little pause where MMA didn't say its busy with other things. So I could sync the rest. For now MMA is quiet (no turning circle). The last days this worked (if it works) for one day or so. The day after, MMA starts with other things in the background and no sync was possible. So let's see what is tomorrow.

Do I have to be connected to MMW via wifi if I start a manual search in MMA for new media or is MMA only searching in the library on the USB stick?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Scanning is triggered by Android system or by manually check for changed media that also asks android system to scan folders.

When you see circle Try to use ⋮ -> About MediaMonkey -> Send logs and write down log ID here before sending, so that we can track it and analyze.

You do not need to be connected to WiFi in order to scan media it is offline action that scans local storage for media.

There must be something on Q10 that is different and MMA waits background jobs. Possibly slow access to USB, really not sure as from my experience each manufacturer uses own OS customization to add features and in 99% they are not documented :(
Best regards,
Peke
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

As I said yesterday, after starting MMA there is the circle and I can't sync again.

It's an USB 3.0 stick. It's used at the USB 3.0 port of the Q10.

Here is the log 2F11PIA49A
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

Are you able to look into the log (see my last posting)?

What I tried since then: tested the other USB port with no change.

I can listen to the tracks, I can cast to my Teufel speaker but I can't sync, as sync is blocked by the turning circle. I have also deleted other apps I had installed to look if this helps, no change.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
As replied by dev looking at your logs USB stick is mounted as external storage not as OTG, so in this case MMA has for this storage the same approach as for sd-card.

In the log, there are many local tracks, which are not yet paired with Android Media database, so MMA initiates the Android parser to parse these files.

Speed can be related to the speed of USB stick/USB port and Device CPU, but if USB stick contains 14000+, then it will take some time (a lot of times). Also in case that once you remove USB from Device Android Media database is cleared for that storage process needs to start on each connection.
Best regards,
Peke
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

Can I speed up this if the USB stick is initiated as internal memory? Or is this not a good idea? It's a fast Samsung USB 3 stick.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Speed oi most likely limited but USB port on Q10, I am not sure it is even 5GBit transfer even it supports USB 3.0 Standard.

Making it as internal drive is not advisable as you are ejecting the drive and many many undesirable things can happen if you do hotswap unplug.

My best guess is to wait till it finishes scanning or try with smaller number of files. Maybe leave MMA started overnight and see if it will finish till morning.
Best regards,
Peke
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

Ok. But this how the problem started in the beginning.

I ever synced via WiFi and one day to another there was the turning circle and no sync was possible. It seems that the Q10 and/or MMA had lost the contact to the library and then the problems started.

As you said, I left the Q10 on and working since yesterday in the background and will see if it is OK this morning and how long this will work.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
:( Unfortunately there is no way to tell how manufacturers implemented Storage behavior especially if it is an USB flash drive. Some mount them as OTG, some as External Storage, some even as folders of internal storage. All works for direct access and when you have need for permanent catalog of files things complicate as there is no way to tell how they handle re connection and removal of drives, My car stereo MMA each time I turn the car on complain that new storage is inserted even I have not disconnected it for at least 6 months.

Once MMA 2.0 gets out we will try to address these issues and hopefully find a solution to not be so dependent on Android Media Scanner to tell metadata and file paths.
Best regards,
Peke