MMA+Android Auto help, possible bug

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

doney6012

MMA+Android Auto help, possible bug

Post by doney6012 »

[I've searched the forum for an issue that I'm having and could not find anything, but I apologise if this has been covered before.]

I have recently begun using Android Auto with an aftermarket head unit in my car, a Sony XAV-AX3000, with current firmware (v 1.25), with my Nokia 6.1 on Android 10, with 1st March 2021 security patch, Android Auto app vers. 6.2.610914 with MMA vers. 1.4.4.0951

After using MMA via Android Auto (AA) for a while I have been getting a persistent issue where AA crashes at random times, and I have to manually reconnect my phone to reboot AA. It could crash after 10 minutes of use or after 2 hours and anywhere in between, so I'm not sure what could be setting it off.

After much trial and error with: different cables (including original Nokia cable), clearing caches, completely clearing MMA and resyncing, I seem to be only getting this issue when using MMA over AA. As a further trial, I installed DoubleTwist on my phone and have been using that for just in my car for about 3 weeks, without any crashes.
As I much prefer MMA (and MediaMonkey overall) I would rather use it instead of DoubleTwist, and don't want a second music app taking up space on the phone just for in the car, what could be done to rectify this issue? Is it a potential issue with MMA, or could it be something to do with my phone and/or head unit? I realise my phone is no powerhouse, so the issue could lie there somewhere.

I understand that this is possibly a multi-layered issue as it involves the app>my phone>AA>head unit all working correctly, and any one of those having issues could cause an entire crash.

Thank you
Dean
Peke

Re: MMA+Android Auto help, possible bug

Post by Peke »

Hi,
As soon as AA crashes try to use MMA ⋮ -> About MediaMonkey -> Send logs -> Write LOG ID for reference here -> Press OK to send log -> Reply here with LOG ID so that we can analyze why AA stopped responding and what was the last command was.

You use AA over USB or over WiFi/BT?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
doney6012

Re: MMA+Android Auto help, possible bug

Post by doney6012 »

Thanks, I'll get onto it.
I'm over USB, currently using official USB cable for my phone.