Sort by Track Number DLNA [#17546]

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

guacamaya

Sort by Track Number DLNA [#17546]

Post by guacamaya »

Howdy Peeps,

I am checking out MediaMonkey for Android and was interested by its potential to use DLNA. I have ripped my CDs to FLAC files and plugged a USB hard drive into my TPLink AX 21 router. MediaMonkey can see and play the tracks just fine. That is cool. However, it sorts the tracks alphabetically by the song name, presumably from the data in the ID3 tags. The filenames themselves contain the two digit track number as the first element in them. The track numbers are also included in the ID3 tags.

Is there a way to get MediaMonkey for Android to sort by track number? When I look at the files across the network using Windows Media player, it sees the full ID3 info and sorts them by track number, so the router is making that information available. If MM does this, I will likely purchase the full version. Thanks in advance for any help.
Lowlander

Re: Sort by Track Number DLNA

Post by Lowlander »

MMA doesn't feature user sorting yet, there may be such a feature in MMA 2.0. This means that you'd need to make sure the tags of the files are in order, something MediaMonkey 5 can help you with: https://www.mediamonkey.com/download
guacamaya

Post by guacamaya »

Hey Lowlander,

Thanks for your reply. When you say "make sure the tags of the files are in order," what do you mean? All the metadata are correct, or at least close enough to correct. Do you mean including the track numbers in the title field of the songs?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, Track# is an important one. Sort should be provided by the DLNA Server in the current situation.
guacamaya

Post by guacamaya »

Track number is populated across the board, but it is alphabetizing the songs regardless of the view I choose. This only happens in MM for Android, however.
pvanrhee

Post by pvanrhee »

Watching as this is happening to me too
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Just tested and MM5 DLNA correctly order tracks when you play them on client and you browse Albums thru Music -> Albums We can't be sure about what sorting apply for example "TPLink AX 21 router" but I doubt it index tracks and have sorting capabilities, but rather just either sort by filename or even worse by order of writing files on drive.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Piblokto

Post by Piblokto »

I have just added the DLNA capability to my mma and have immediately found the same issue when accessing files on my NAS. It sorts alphabetically and does not pick up the track number in the file name or metadata. This is a major issue as far as I am concerned as I cannot enjoy a favourite album played in the wrong order - Sgt Pepper does not open with A Day In The Life!

I have installed 3 alternative apps and all play the tracks in the correct order so this is not an issue with the NAS. However mma has the better UI so a fix to this would be very much welcomed. Alternatively can I get a refund on the payment for the upgrade?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I just finished checking using my ASUS Routers, TPLink (using DDWRT), QNAP NAS inbuild server, MM5 and from my investigation found out that router do not parse albums correctly at all. Album Artist is parsed as Artist and in case of my compilations where Album Artist is Various I do not get artists at all :(

For all Tracks in Albums Track # is missing and MMA sort Alphabetically tracks track with NULL Track #. I do not see issue there

Same folder served from MM5 sort same in MMA and all other apps and as Soon Track Number is filled all is resorted and on Router it stays same :(

UPNP Servers on routers are not complete so you get results such these. Only QNAP NAS (Mostly) and MM5 correctly list and supply Metadata to MMA and other Android clients I tested like Slick DLNA.

Devices Tested are:
ASUS Router RT-AX92U
ASUS Router RT-AC88U (Unlocked Merlin Firmware)
TP-Link TL-WR2543ND (DD-WRT)
QNAP NAS (Twonky, QNAP Media Server, MINIDLNA)
MM5 5.0.1.2433
Best regards,
Peke
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
An update, Sorting requests to DLNA server are improved in MMA 2.0 to comply strict DLNA specs sort request standard https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17546 I reopened it so that we can see if it can be added into current version.

I apologize, I was testing and using Latest MMA 2.0 nightly developer alpha :oops: :oops: :oops:
Best regards,
Peke