Unable to get MM5 to convert FLAC to MP3 when syncing with MMA

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

F1nchy

Unable to get MM5 to convert FLAC to MP3 when syncing with MMA

Post by F1nchy »

Hi guys
I'm trying to get MM5 to sync over to my Android phone (Huawei Mate 20 Pro) and tablet (Samsung Galaxy Gab S6). When I try with either it just syncs over the full FLACs, which is filling up the SD card before it's even halfway. I can't work out what I'm doing wrong. I have MM5 set to convert under Tools > Media Sharing > Options > MMLibrary configure. I've tried setting the auto-conversion tab to convert any FLAC to 320 MP3, and I've also tried setting both devices under the device configuration options in that section, but both just keep copying over the full fat FLACs instead of converting to MP3.
What am I doing wrong.....?! I can't see any options in MMA to change conversions settings, I can just select what to sync across in there.
Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: Unable to get MM5 to convert FLAC to MP3 when syncing with MMA

Post by Lowlander »

That location is to set Auto-Conversion for streaming, not for Sync. Sync Auto-Conversion rules are set in each device's Device Profile: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... Conversion
F1nchy

Re: Unable to get MM5 to convert FLAC to MP3 when syncing with MMA

Post by F1nchy »

Thanks, had just found it. Been looking for ages and thought I was going mad because it used to be in Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync and I couldnt find Portable Device Device Sync on there anymore and finally twigged that it was referring to MM5! Gah! Got it working now, thanks. I've had the damn thinking running all night for the last four nights thinking it was doing it right and each time it was wrong!