How to remove MMA and start over on my tablet.

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

jwhitworth

How to remove MMA and start over on my tablet.

Post by jwhitworth »

I removed MMA from my tablet after my SD card died. It had all of the music on it. I put a new SD card in. I re-installed MMA. Now all of the old music shows up in MMA but is not really there. Why are the old music files showing up in MMA? How do I get them to be gone.

I also need to whack MMA from my phone since it stopped syncing and I went thru all of the recommended step and still no sync so a complete redo is in order and I would prefer to get rid of all of the music to get a clean start.
Peke

Re: How to remove MMA and start over on my tablet.

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Use ⋮ -> Options and in folder selection delete grayed/non needed Storage which will remove them from library.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
jwhitworth

Post by jwhitworth »

OK. That worked for getting rid of the greyed out stuff on the tablet.

On the phone to delete the current music files do I just delete the library folder setting in MMA and then delete the actual files using the OS of the phone?
Peke

Post by Peke »

jwhitworth wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:29 pm OK. That worked for getting rid of the greyed out stuff on the tablet.
Great, THX for update.
jwhitworth wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:29 pm On the phone to delete the current music files do I just delete the library folder setting in MMA and then delete the actual files using the OS of the phone?
Yeah, you can do that in MMA directly, but based on feedback Deleting tracks in OS and then deleting Library folders in MMA is the fastest way.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts