Dr. Sol's Perpetual skin for MM5

To discuss development of addons / skins / customization of MediaMonkey.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

Dr.Sol

Dr. Sol's Perpetual skin for MM5

Post by Dr.Sol »

A shiny skin with the look of brushed silver and polished gold. The inspiration comes from the perpetual values of exclusive materials, consistence and easy-to-understand themes.

N.b: In version 3, from 2022 an forth, the check for updates function works. In earlier versions it didn't. If you have an older version, you have to update manually.

https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... rpetual-1/
Last edited by Dr.Sol on Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
MM-Gold user since 2005
TIV73

Re: Dr. Sol's Perpetual skin for MM5

Post by TIV73 »

I originally thought that this is just an announcement and that the skin is not available yet. It took me a bit to realize that you already uploaded it. You may want to consider adding a link to the addon in the addon gallery and/or github in the original post in case someone is as slow as I am.
Dr.Sol

Post by Dr.Sol »

Thank you TIV73 for your comment. I have updated the first record in the thread. (The reason for why I didn't adding a link is that It wasn't approved yet. :D )
MM-Gold user since 2005
sonos

Post by sonos »

When more than one track is selected I miss the Next or Previous button in the Edit Properties window.
Suggestion: The font size in Track Summary in the player area would be more readable if it was bigger and bold.
sonos

Post by sonos »

Pleas delete the first sentence. I was completely on the wrong track.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

You should have access to an edit button on your own posts/replies.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Dr.Sol

Post by Dr.Sol »

sonos wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:03 am Suggestion: The font size in Track Summary in the player area would be more readable if it was bigger and bold.
Thank you Sonos. I will take consideration to your suggestion.
MM-Gold user since 2005
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Something that could be improved on in the addons section, especially for skins, is the ability to be able to click on the skin image to enlarge it so you can see a bigger view. The small image is a bit hard to see exactly what it looks like.
Dr.Sol

Post by Dr.Sol »

dypsis wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:44 pm Something that could be improved on in the addons section, especially for skins, is the ability to be able to click on the skin image to enlarge it so you can see a bigger view. The small image is a bit hard to see exactly what it looks like.
Thank you dypsis for the suggestion. However, this is a question for the MMWebpage developer team. The webengine refuses to show a bigger image.
MM-Gold user since 2005
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Dr.Sol wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:07 am
dypsis wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:44 pm Something that could be improved on in the addons section, especially for skins, is the ability to be able to click on the skin image to enlarge it so you can see a bigger view. The small image is a bit hard to see exactly what it looks like.
Thank you dypsis for the suggestion. However, this is a question for the MMWebpage developer team. The webengine refuses to show a bigger image.
I understand that, Dr.Sol.
I just thought that it was an opportune time to mention it.

Keep up the great work. 👍 👋 🙂
sonos

Post by sonos »

Dr. Sol's Perpetual Skin updates are not found via
Tools > Addons > Find Updates

MM5 version: 5.0.2.2531
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
Dr.Sol

Post by Dr.Sol »

sonos wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:18 am Dr. Sol's Perpetual Skin updates are not found via
Tools > Addons > Find Updates

MM5 version: 5.0.2.2531
Thank you sonos for your attention. Unfortunately I have no idea of why the find update function don't work properly.
MM-Gold user since 2005
sonos

Post by sonos »

Thank you sonos for your attention. Unfortunately I have no idea of why the find update function don't work properly.
Other addons have been updated properly.
Dr.Sol

Post by Dr.Sol »

sonos wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:43 am Other addons have been updated properly.
The developer team are informed about the problem and works on a solution as far as what I've been told.

Technically, the symptom is that the update function doesn't work properly when the skin-id contains an apostrophe. The skin-id is written in a file called info.json which is inside the skin .mmip-container I would never put an apostrophe there if had known what i know now, but nevertheless, I think there is a lack of function that it doesn't work properly when apostrophes are used. A possible work around is to re-release the skin with another id, without an apostrophe, but I'm biding my time and see what they come up with.
MM-Gold user since 2005