Question regarding Skin change for selected menu items

To discuss development of addons / skins / customization of MediaMonkey.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

Blackcat12

Question regarding Skin change for selected menu items

Post by Blackcat12 »

I am a novice and not really a programmer, but have been working on a custom Skin. I have a lot of what I am looking for, but am stumped with how to change the text and background color for the selected items as shown in the images below. I cannot get the inspect element to come up for these to analyze.

https://ibb.co/tzjmrBX
https://ibb.co/r3PRCSJ

I'd be happy to share the zip via DM if anyone would want to review and provide feedback /suggestions. I have been enjoying this learning experience!
drakinite

Re: Question regarding Skin change for selected menu items

Post by drakinite »

That's a good question, and yes, it's difficult to view the HTML & CSS stylings for menus; but it's possible if you use the remote debugging feature in a browser (connect to localhost:9222). http://files.drakinite.net/2021-11-12_16-38-23.mp4
You can force click events by using the devtools' screencast feature. As long as you don't click on the real MediaMonkey window, the menus will persist, allowing you to examine them. It's sometimes difficult to get the clicks to register (as you can see with the delay in the screen recording), but you can get it with enough tries.

FYI: Each submenu is its own "window", and you can identify it by its "wndID" attribute in the main remote-debugging page. The first menu to display is the one with the lowest number before the underscore, and any subsequent menus are created as-needed, with higher subsequent IDs. Once you restore the real MediaMonkey window, the popup menus should disappear.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Btw, I'll be happy to provide feedback on your skin if you send it to me.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Blackcat12

Post by Blackcat12 »

Thank you, Drak. I sent the link in PM.