Simplify Media with Media Monkey?

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

ninerays

Simplify Media with Media Monkey?

Post by ninerays » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:32 pm

Does anyone want to try this out with MM?
http://www.webware.com/8301-1_109-98142 ... bj=Webware
And report back how (if?) it works?

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:13 am

Have you tried it?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

ninerays

Post by ninerays » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:03 am

no

botijo

Post by botijo » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:12 pm

I had a look at the official webpage: http://www.simplifymedia.com
If you browse through the FAQs, you will see that...
Note: iTunes and Winamp are only required to play music from remote libraries, not to stream music to other computers.
This means that you setup a server and different clients (players). As MediaMonkey does not support library plugins from Winamp, I do not expect MediaMonkey to be acting as a player for SimplifyMedia.
The other concern is about maintaining another program that creates yet another database for the songs. You know, you could end with MS Index, Nero Scout, MediaMonkey, Google Desktop, FireFly MediaServer... and SimplifyMedia, everyone doing different things altogether. I do not expect SimplifyMedia server to handle Artists and Album like MediaMonkey does.

Other quote from the FAQs:
What types of files can be played?

Common music file types, such as MP3, AAC, WMA and Apple Lossless can be played. Exceptions include DRM protected WMA files, vorbis, WAV and FLAC.
I suppose you can also try WebMonkey: http://webmonkey.flyinglowlander.com/
I am not sure of any other alternatives... Maybe you can tell me other ones!

Peke

Post by Peke » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:45 pm

botijo wrote:If you browse through the FAQs, you will see that...
Note: iTunes and Winamp are only required to play music from remote libraries, not to stream music to other computers.
I haven't looked too much but from that quote only thing you will need a script That will maintain Tree List of users (Using Timer event you can get it almost in realtime) and their server for streaming. Regarding your files also a script should be able to act as Front-end that will do query for MM library. I'm more curious how this will be handled on 100k of MM library.
botijo wrote:This means that you setup a server and different clients (players). As MediaMonkey does not support library plugins from Winamp, I do not expect MediaMonkey to be acting as a player for SimplifyMedia.
And Why not? I don't see any problem in translating of any string into MM, Script can do login, handshaking and MM will play end result which should be same as source (MP3, WAV, MPC, FLAC, WMA, AAC, mp2, m4a,....) there is big difference in RAW Data Streaming and Media Data Streaming which you already stated in other Quotes from their FAQ.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum

botijo

Post by botijo » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:05 am

Indeed interesting.
I had a look at the other post about SimplifyMedia, and my head did connect two things together:

a) Somebody creates a uPNP or DAAP standalone client
b) That somebody connects the client to MM via VBS

I might have a deeper look into this, now that Christmas is approaching. But I do not promise anything!

Peke

Post by Peke » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:24 am

Possibly Mix of both as after further looking Their App Acts as uPNP/DAAP server and thats why client needs to have support for. I would personally chose another approach and let my app do all secured connection while on End Part I would make Automatization Server (Something like MM do and from last few updates Last.FM client do) that is easy accessible to third party applications and let origin app do the rest. If you want to have increased security there is always way to make Small WEB streaming server that will be locked to Local IP addresses and Authentication must be done over Front End client.
Thing How I see it will work this way:
1. Server app that will gather info about friends and its library on secured level (simplifymedia)
2. Plugin Front-End that will Connect local client to server app and authenticate client as valid for access and manage all info from<>to server<>client
3. Server end Raw Stream like http://localhost:8765/mike/Queen - Breakthrough.mp3 or http://127.0.0.1:8765/mike/Queen - Breakthrough.mp3 which can be easily read by any player that support streaming

This way with correct plugin/app you can add Simplify Media cutting edge to be accessed from any device on your Local network over Web Browser.
Best regards,
Pavle

jonp

Re: Simplify Media with Media Monkey?

Post by jonp » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:03 am

Hi,

Has anyone looked further into being able to integrate MediaMonkey with SimplifyMedia? I like the idea of being able to stream my music to myself and my friends (and visa versa) and using MediaMonkey as the player.

I know I can setup my PC for media streaming or use SqueezeCentre etc but it does not give me all the simply functionality of SimplifyMedia.

Thanks,

Jammin72

Post by Jammin72 » Sat May 16, 2009 12:11 pm

I'd love to see a solutions for this. Usually Winamp Plugins work just fine with MM if I copy the dll's but not this go around. I love having all of my music available remotely, and that of others taboot but I would rather not use Winamp if I can avoid it.

jonp

Post by jonp » Sat May 16, 2009 6:04 pm

I sent an email to Simplfy Media and they replied saying they thought MediaMonkey was great and it was on their to-do list. Version 2 of Simply has just been released - they added WMP but no MediaMonkey. Lets hope it is in the next release!

Peke

Post by Peke » Sun May 17, 2009 9:15 am

@jonp
Tell them freely that MediaMonkey team is willing to help them in integration.
Best regards,
Pavle

jonp

Post by jonp » Mon May 18, 2009 4:37 am

I will reply to their email with your kind offer.

Their response when I asked was......"I know some folks are working on a UPnP plug-in for MM. When they are a little further a long, we can take another look at supporting it. We are fans too. A pre-condition for us for integration is that a player needs to support a network protocol like UPnP or DAAP. We use DAAP to talk to Winamp and iTunes."

Does MediaMonkey support UPnP or DAAP?

Peke

Post by Peke » Mon May 18, 2009 2:20 pm

They are right Ludek is working on it see http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=534 and it is UPnP.
Best regards,
Pavle

rseery

Post by rseery » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:49 pm

I just installed the UPNP client script, (http://el.botijo.googlepages.com/mediamonkeyscripts) and after enabling local UPnp support in Simplify, all the Simplify music shows up on the tree under 'UPNP Servers'!! You are stuck with Simplfy's tree below that, but it's all there and it works !!! el.botijo, this is Just Awesome.... Thanks so much.

Bob

Johnoid

Post by Johnoid » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:47 am

I have installed the upnp script, and can use Simplify Media. A problem I see though, is that after a while, the shares that were shown on MM startup dissappear, and I have to restart MM to get them back again. Any thoughts ?

Thanks !

John