iMonkey - iPhone/iPod Touch Client for MediaMonkey

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

nohitter151

Re: iMonkey - iPhone/iPod Touch Client for MediaMonkey

Post by nohitter151 »

CMX,

Could I ask you to move this discussion to the iMonkey forums? This is a MediaMonkey board after all and this is starting to stray from the original topic of this thread. I'm sure this would be easier for the iMonkey dev to keep track of your requests as well.

http://forum.melloware.com/viewforum.php?f=10
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
cmx

Post by cmx »

I'm posting here intentionally. To educate, elicit response from wide MM audience. Thanks for the note, I will consider your concern and keep it in mind going forward. As a MM user that did not know about iMonkey I would definitely want to see these posts here.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Well post about the existence of the product are fine as it's meant for MediaMonkey, but support issues with external products should be resolved on the external products forum/support system. This way moderators of MediaMonkey don't have to moderate topics from iMonkey (if the need arises).
Melloware

Post by Melloware »

Lowlander wrote:Well post about the existence of the product are fine as it's meant for MediaMonkey, but support issues with external products should be resolved on the external products forum/support system. This way moderators of MediaMonkey don't have to moderate topics from iMonkey (if the need arises).
Completely agreed.

Forums are here: http://forum.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
MonkeyTunes - DACP Server for MediaMonkey
Intelliremote - Take Back Control of your HTPC!
cmx

Post by cmx »

Jeez friggin board police. Why not answer questions and help clarify things to help improve understanding to make the board a better and more positive place instead of looking for stuff to whine about. There are a LOT of valid posts from a lot of people that seem to be simply ignored or given a "non-answer" as response. I'd work on those and value users concerns and contributions to the discussion of things a bit more. Pretty annoying behavior. Tone here is odd. I'll try support in the future and leave you guys to it.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The forum is users helping users. If most moderators are just users giving their free time to help out this great product. Most users actually appreciate the openness of this forum. And remember we're not deleting your posts, locking them or even prohibiting you from posting here, all we ask is to discuss iMonkey issues on the forum iMonkey has established. This of course helps us moderators not to have to read through posts that belong to another company and helps the iMonkey author in that posts are on his own forum instead that he has to keep check of the various forums to see if someone is posting issues about his product. I think that's a reasonable request.
Melloware

Post by Melloware »

Just to let anyone know who has done the iPhone/iPod OS 2.2 update for their phone they will notice a strange white line in Landscape mode of iMonkey. I am not sure whether the OS 2.2 exposed that the previous versions were not handling something properly but the white line will be fixed in iMonkey 1.2
Melloware Inc.
Melloware

Post by Melloware »

Version 1.2 has been sent to Apple for approval. It contains the following fixes, enhancements:

- OS 2.2 required (compiled with OS 2.2 to work out all the weird quirks Apple introduced)
- Landscape Mode: Fixed white line that appeared in OS 2.2 and added Elapsed Time counter below song position bar
- Portrait Mode: Double tap album cover to Play/Pause instead of single click which annoyed many users
- Portrait Mode: Swipe right on album cover to go to the next song
- Portrait Mode: Swipe left on album cover to go to the previous song
Melloware Inc.
tinana

Post by tinana »

Yaaaay. Good to see you're still around! Thanks for this.
MM Gold/Lifetime member
khaji00

Post by khaji00 »

I will also post this in the melloware forums for thoroughness:

Thank you! I installed this today and it works great with my iPod Touch. Initially my firewall was causing issues but it works like advertised, thanks again!

I have OS 2.2 and i also see the strange white line in land scape view. I do have one issue though, whenever i close MM i get this strange prompt that dissapears very quickly and i can never take a screen shot. It happened immediately after installing the iMonkey server. I will try to take a screenshot but it appears and disappears very quickly.
MediaMan

Post by MediaMan »

I think iMonkey an amazing concept for an iTouch application and a great companion product for MediaMonkey. I plan to start using shortly, likely later today.

I do have one initial question. Does iMonkey.exe run in the bcakground, indepndant of , and co-existing with any current version of mediamonkey.exe?

Tx

MM Gold 3.07.1191
Windows 7,8 | iTunes 11.2.2.3 | IOS 7.1.2 | MM Gold 4.1.3.1708 | d_itunes4.dll Ver 4.0.4.2438
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MediaMan wrote:I think iMonkey an amazing concept for an iTouch application and a great companion product for MediaMonkey. I plan to start using shortly, likely later today.

I do have one initial question. Does iMonkey.exe run in the bcakground, indepndant of , and co-existing with any current version of mediamonkey.exe?

Tx

MM Gold 3.07.1191
All you have to do is change your desktop shortcut to point to iMonkey.exe. When you run iMonkey.exe, it opens MM.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Melloware

Post by Melloware »

Apple has finally accepted iMonkey 1.2 and is pushing it to the AppStore in the next 24 hours! Thanks to everyone for their patience and bug reports and testing!

http://melloware.com/products/imonkey/

1.2 Release Notes
----------------------------------
- OS 2.2.1 required (compiled with OS 2.2.1 to work out all the weird quirks Apple introduced)
- Landscape Mode: Fixed white line that appeared in OS 2.2 and added Elapsed Time counter below song position bar
- Portrait Mode: Double tap album cover to Play/Pause instead of single click which annoyed many users
- Portrait Mode: Swipe right on album cover to go to the next song
- Portrait Mode: Swipe left on album cover to go to the previous song
- New Server EXE 1.2
- Fixed bug with UT8 Playlist names like like å, ä, ö or ü not working properly (thanks to andreas)
- Fixed memory leak in iPhone app not releasing playlists and songs (thanks to andreas)
- Fixed Apple UI design guideline by having a selection on the Playlist or Smartlist tab take you to the Now Playing screen
- Fixed bug in EXE breaking when ID3 Album Cover image was invalid (thanks to mjstrong)
- Fixed manifest in EXE not elevating to the correct permissions on Vista if possible (thanks to coloradomer)
Melloware Inc.
Melloware

Post by Melloware »

I just updated the Server EXE to fix a problem where if you picked songs in MM that were not in your MM Library (like off CD or right in the FileTree) it would not show properly in iMonkey. This has been fixed.

iMonkey EXE 1.2 Link
Melloware Inc.
Melloware

Post by Melloware »

iMonkey 1.3 has been approved and hits the AppStore today.

1.3 Release Notes
----------------------------------
- Proximity Detector option now if you want to conserve battery by turning the screen off but leaving the application running. Just hold your finger or place anything over the earpiece of the iPhone and the screen will turn off.

- Hardware volume buttons now control Volume Up and Volume Down
Melloware Inc.