MediaMonkey Reviews

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

Gourav

Re: MediaMonkey Reviews

Post by Gourav »

Here's a review of MediaMonkey 4
http://digisheets.in/2011/11/30/mediamo ... w-giveaway

I am also giving away 10 licenses of MediaMonkey Gold - Version 4. visit the review to participate
KEP

Post by KEP »

theta_wave wrote:Automatically taking over file associations with any prompting is bad design in general.
I sense you meant "without" any prompting? Yes, indeed, that would be outrageous. But the problem with MM4 isn't that it it fails to ask. It's that it allows you to click right past it without even seeing the question. That first load "wizard" needs to lose the Finish option, because the default options are really just the sort that piss off a lot of folks who don't bother to read what they click. I've loaded MM4 on a few machines, and each time I had to go through and turn off the defaults, clicking Next for each page of the wizard. ADD folk gonna hate, with this design.
theta_wave

Post by theta_wave »

KEP wrote:
theta_wave wrote:Automatically taking over file associations with any prompting is bad design in general.
I sense you meant "without" any prompting? Yes, indeed, that would be outrageous. But the problem with MM4 isn't that it it fails to ask. It's that it allows you to click right past it without even seeing the question. That first load "wizard" needs to lose the Finish option, because the default options are really just the sort that piss off a lot of folks who don't bother to read what they click. I've loaded MM4 on a few machines, and each time I had to go through and turn off the defaults, clicking Next for each page of the wizard. ADD folk gonna hate, with this design.
Thanks for the correction. With some free time, I bit the bullet and did a clean install of MM4. I didn't get the feeling that the file association takeover was automatic. I saw the wizard prompt and dually unchecked the associations I didn't wish MM4 to assume. It was like any other mediaplayer installer. Yeah, ADD folks will have a fit with this.
MM Gold Lifetime since 2.5.5.998
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

My experience was that:
- During install MediaMonkey did associate with file types that didn't have any program associated with them
- MediaMonkey didn't associate itself with any file types with programs associated until the user OK's the initial config wizard or OK's the Options window. Either of these present the option to disable associations before you OK them.

http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8888
Zzaj

Post by Zzaj »

Here's my latest praise for MEDIA MONKEY... http://rotcodzzaj.com/wordpress/?page_id=2748 Please tell EVERYONE to check it out... hopefully the readers of my magazine will sign up & be as totally enthused as I was about MM4!!!
veganmark

Post by veganmark »

Well I guess I'm here to say what the rest of you are scared to say. The latest version of MM sucks. I dislike it so much that it's forced me to rethink my media software preferences. It's unresponsive, too dependent on flash, freezes up regularly and has trouble downloading my podcasts. I really hope you folks come out with media monkey 4.07 and it's better then this last version. If not, I'll thank you for many great years as a media monkey gold user and find another manager for my music. Obviously, the version I'm speaking of is 4.06.1501. I hope others are having more success with this version but all of my problems started around 4.06 and have gotten progressively worse with each update. One of the versions completely halted podcast downloads but MM fixed that one pretty fast. This version is a total mess.
Mark G.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

veganmark wrote:too dependent on flash,
What are you talking about? MM doesn't use flash at all.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Speed is resolved for many after using File > Maintain Library with complete optimization enabled (some need to defragment the database file too).

As Nohitter151 said, MediaMonkey 4 doesn't use Flash and GUI wise is nearly the same as MediaMonkey 3 (however you can play FLV flash files in MediaMonkey).

Podcast failure may be caused by: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8898
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

bremble

Post by bremble »

Top 10 Paid Apps that are well worth their price
From Lifehacker:
7. MediaMonkey

Picking a music player is a pretty personal choice, and everyone has their favorites. MediaMonkey isn't for everyone, but it is perfect for some: if you need to whip your music's metadata into shape, it has a ton of tagging and organizing features that would make even the most OCD among us shriek with joy. More importantly, though, if you need to sync iOS devices and don't like iTunes, MediaMonkey is one of the only apps that can do the job. Like some of the others on this list, MediaMonkey does have a free version, but the $25 paid version brings even more advanced features that the music nut will love, particularly the audiophiles among you.
True - couldn't agree more.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

nonob

French post about best music applications for android

Post by nonob »

Hi :)

Here is a post (in french language) about best music applications for Android :

https://legeekducerisier.fr/les-meilleu ... -preferes/

Bye
Website "Le Geek du Cerisier" : MediaMonkey
MMW on desktop PC: Windows 10, MB MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91) (AM4), CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz, RAM DDR4 16 GB, SSD M.2 SK-Hynix SSS0L24765 512 GB (C:), 3,5" Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 1 To (D:)
MMA on 4 Android devices - MMW5 gold in test... - MMW4 gold used for years (with extensions: AdvancedReport, Album Art Tagger, CustomFieldsTagger, Custom Report, Discogs Tagger, French translation, GenreFinder, Last.fm Scrobbler, Lyricator, MM codec pack Trial, MusicBrainz Tagger, MusicIPTagger, RegExpFind and Replace, Tagging inconsistencies)
roush9799

Post by roush9799 »

This is the best organizer out there from music. I started with Itunes because I had and Ipod for my music. ITunes has messed up my library and lost plenty of my songs time and time again. When the iPod died I had an Android phone. Figured I would take my music over to Google Play Music. Once again, in the move stuff got disorganized and some how doubled up some of my songs. It did allow me to play my songs on Android though. It was a pain getting all my songs downloaded to my phone from Google Play as I didn't want to stream using my data at the time. It would only allow a download of so many songs at a time, I had to break it down alphabetically and do multiple downloads. Then when I Added music I Had to make sure to download it to my phone also.

I switched over to Media Monkey after reading about it. I'm impressed. I was able to fix my library. I still used Google play music on my phone until last week. I decided to give Media Monkey mobile a try. I like it too. Google play music must have been a battery hog because I can play my music through media monkey and it doesn't seem like it hardly puts a strain on my phone's battery at all.
Timo_Beil

A little Tut. for teachers in Germany

Post by Timo_Beil »

MM4 in a pre-service teacher training:
https://lehrerfortbildung-bw.de/st_digi ... o/mmonkey/
MM 2024.0.0.3005-port-DE, Win 11 pro, I7-6700, 16GB RAM, DB & Media>TrueNAS