What Addons Would You Like To See For MM5?

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

dypsis

What Addons Would You Like To See For MM5?

Post by dypsis »

Do you have any thoughts about what addons you would like to see for MM5? 🤔
Snofru

Re: What Addons Would You Like To See For MM5?

Post by Snofru »

RegExp Find & Replace (most important for me)

Custom Report

Advanced Duplicate Find and Fix
MMW Version 5.1.0.2827 Portable
Samsung Galaxy S23+, S9 and Sony NW-A105 with MMA Beta 2.0.0.1156
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Parts of Custom Report is in latest MM5

RegEX will most likely will never be ported

Advanced Duplicate depends on Bex
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Archiv-Cowboy

Post by Archiv-Cowboy »

Advanced Opportunities to add Informations (incl. pictures/logos) to actor, producer, publisher, etc.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Archiv-Cowboy wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:19 pm Advanced Opportunities to add Informations (incl. pictures/logos) to actor, producer, publisher, etc.
I think you'll find that all that tagging functionality is already there in both MM4 and MM5.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

dypsis wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:13 am
Archiv-Cowboy wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:19 pm Advanced Opportunities to add Informations (incl. pictures/logos) to actor, producer, publisher, etc.
I think you'll find that all that tagging functionality is already there in both MM4 and MM5.
But support for these tags sux.

ie. No Browser view for a Publisher, so:
  • no "Info" panel with data from Wikipedia
  • no Online view listing the label's iconic albums
  • no list of associated artists
Actor is the same isn't? ... No Browser view, so everything value added is missing there also.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Archiv-Cowboy

Post by Archiv-Cowboy »

Yes I asked for a addon in the german forum, no answer yet, that adds/expand some sort of database-functionality that you can ADD Informations to actors, producers, publishers. Now the only thing you can do is add a producers, actors, publishers etc. name to the metadatas of the file, but you can't add information about these peoples or institutions in a proper way in a intern database of media monkey. You can go in the tree, take the name of an actor, rightclick on it and you get a simple window, where you can add only an unstructured commentary. A advanced UI, customizable in this part is what i would suggest.

EazyFlixPix is a good example (has his own downgrades, it's not able to automatically process file-metadata (only genre-tags) in his database, so you must add all the things you can add in Media Monkey very easy, manually, like actors or producers, what it makes no solution for my part) it has a database solution, that I'm talking about, where actors, producers, publishers, etc. are own entrys in the database and you can customize what entrys you can add to them. In my case it would be helpful add Channel-Name and Channel-Link to the Creator of YouTube-Videos I hoard, but there are the mentioned downgrades, that makes EazyFlixPix not an option, not even in combination with Media Monkey.

So an addon that adds a similiary function to media monkey would be great, for MM4 i haven't found something. Anyway Best case it would be native in the program, but I doubt that this in focus for MM5, or is it? Functionality for photos, memes, graphics what be nice to, so we have besides of documents all relevant media in one program. I searched the last couple of days for All-in-One-Software-Solutions but I only found Isle-Solutions.
Archiv-Cowboy

Post by Archiv-Cowboy »

In addition during testing:

The entry you can make on Actors or producers gets deleted, if all files that have the actors name attached in their metadata are removed. The name is alongside removed from the tree. First the information can reappear, when you don't restart the program and relocate the files. If you close the program, while the actor is absent in the tree, the attached informations are removed as well and can't restored in MM4.

It's good to handle the file-data with the files meta, so they are stable and can move with the files, but I think it would be an big Plus, when we can handle the previously named objects as stable entrys with own properties in the MM-Database. An Addon would be great.

In the MM5 Beta, that I tested the last hours I can add a picture to the artist, what is good, but there isn't anymore the opportunity to add information to them not even the simple comment field that MM4 still have.
think you'll find that all that tagging functionality is already there in both MM4 and MM5.
So I don't think so...
Nebbin

Post by Nebbin »

Something that I've found invaluable, and kept me using Mediamonkey is the bulk editing tools provided by someone's old script called simply "Custom Scripts".

This level of metadata manipulation has been invaluable for cleaning and manipulating track tags (especially for my classical collection), eg:
- swapping any two fields
- simply copy one field to another (overwrite)
- modify a field based on a mask
- replacing any text in one field with any combination of direct text and / or a value from another field

Maybe there are other, newer scripts in MM4 that do something similar (the "regex find & replace" would do much of the above with more powerful masking capabilities, but sacrifices simplicity) - but however it's provided, I would find it hard to move on without this capability.
daryan

Post by daryan »

Big call out to Bex to update the Advanced Duplicate Find and Fix script for MM5. Used it extensively during a library clean up in MM4 and am missing it in MM5
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

@Nebbin
- swapping any two fields
- simply copy one field to another (overwrite)
MM5-Downloadlink: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... ap-fields/
- replacing any text in one field with any combination of direct text
MM5-Downloadlink: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... -string-3/
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
sonos

Post by sonos »

My favorite of MM4:
Discogs Tagger