building online playlists

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

mosplaceradio

building online playlists

Post by mosplaceradio »

Hi everyone, please be patient as I am new to this group. I love using Media Monkey to organize my music on my PC, but I am looking for suggestions or other ideas. You see I own an online radio station. When I built the playlists that are on the air now I had to use this formula, example: Bob Seger's Old Time Rock n Roll. This particular song could fall under a standard rotation (standard rotation plays, when there is no scheduled programming). It can also play on Thursday's with our classic rock rotation. My problem is, in order to do this I have to create two identical files one for "standard rotation's folder" and another for "classic rock rotation's folder) doing this obviously takes up space. I am looking for a way to basically have a song point to different online playlists, so I am not ending up with a ton of duplicate songs... Without knowing the software that I use for radio, this may be difficult to give me ideas. The software that use is called Everestcast. I can accomplish this task manually online, and assign a song to whatever playlist, but I would like to do it pre-upload, so it's a faster process.. If anyone has any ideas, suggestions, etc. it would be greatly appreciated my friends...
Lowlander

Re: building online playlists

Post by Lowlander »

You can export Playlists from MediaMonkey, so you can create manual or AutoPlaylists to fit your needs while all pointing to the same exact file and export those. As long as other platforms can import playlists you'd be good to go.