MM5 & Chromecast Audio

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey 5 and learn about the newest builds.

Moderator: Gurus

yarguy

MM5 & Chromecast Audio

Post by yarguy » Sun May 26, 2019 4:45 pm

I am revisiting this subject without attaching the previous discussion to avoid everyone having to read a long pointless discussion. I have both a Chromecast Audio and a Chromecast Ultra. As it happens they are both in the same room. MM5 finds the Ultra but does not find the Audio. Competitive products find both with no special steps necessary. I say "competitive" in the general sense of the products being music players; in the specific sense, MM5 is not competitive because it does not find the Audio and I would not purchase it for that reason. Since other apps do find and use the Audio, it seems to me something is missing in MM5. Is it fixable?

Ludek

Re: MM5 & Chromecast Audio

Post by Ludek » Mon May 27, 2019 7:19 am

Hi,
MM5 finds "Chromecast audio" just fine for me (and my colleagues).

Could you please download and install 2178 and generate debug log (item 4b here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643) ?
1) Start DbgView app
2) Start MM5 and wait several seconds load everything
3) Click Cast icon on the player to show list of available remote players and wait 30 seconds (should gradually load all the players including Chromecast Audio)
4) Save the output from the DbgView to a file, upload the file to a free file hosting service (DropBox, RapidShare, FileDropper, MediaFire, ...) and share the link to the file with us (e.g. send me private message with the link or share it here)

EDIT: Also, it seems that we have already solved your issue previously: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 45#p457661
when you wrote: "All it took was a simple re-boot to get MM5 to play to my Audio Chromecast. "

EDIT2: I also see that you have opened ticket TJS-719-73558 in the past, but haven't heard from you, do you see my replies?