Can I Remove The Bracketed Album Artist Title? [#15744]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey 5 and learn about the newest builds.

Moderator: Gurus

dypsis

Can I Remove The Bracketed Album Artist Title? [#15744]

Post by dypsis »

When I browse the tree and browse to an album, it displays the album artist in round brackets at the end of the album title.
Can I remove it, as it seems pointless to me, as I am already at the album artist node. The image below should explain it well.

Barry4679

Re: Can I Remove The Bracketed Album Artist Title?

Post by Barry4679 »

dypsis wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:25 pm When I browse the tree and browse to an album, it displays the album artist in round brackets at the end of the album title.
Can I remove it, as it seems pointless to me, as I am already at the album artist node. The image below should explain it well.
Yes, it does make the Media Tree a bit ugly. It is the displaying the contents of the album Summary column, which already does get expressed differently according to context, but could do with some more tweaking here.

The current display behaviour is useful in other nodes, so the change does have to be context sensitive ... ie. confined to the albumartist node ... you don't say whether you are navigating the artist, or the albumartist node ... in the case of the artist node, the data in parenthesis could be useful in a case where the album is "owned" by someone other than the person in the track's artist tag.

Elsewhere there have been requests to be able to customise the contents of the Track Summary column ... ie. so here it could be something like <Album><Conductor>, or <Album><AlbumArtist><Custom1>, or whatever else is meaningful to the user.

I guess that is the requirement for this to be context sensitive is what makes the configuration UI to be a little complex.

But in the meantime, I agree that what you are requesting should be baked in.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

dypsis wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:25 pm When I browse the tree and browse to an album, it displays the album artist in round brackets at the end of the album title.

I see, the appendix was added in course of https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15744 for the album nodes as children of 'Album' node.
You are true that the appendix shouldn't be shown when the album is just child of the artist node.
Will be fixed in 2272.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Thanks, guys... 👍