Adding existing episodes to a podcast

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

manalive

Adding existing episodes to a podcast

Post by manalive »

Hey mm folks! I hope you are well.

In MM4 I could add missing/existing episodes to a podcast by putting the files in the podcast download location and using Add/Rescan. I can't seem to get this to work anymore.

The podcast file are in the same location, have the same Album Artist and Genre (Podcast) but will not show up under the podcast. I have also tried the other way where you scan them in and then add the rss feed to it afterwards but the podcast won't show up under subscriptions like they did in MM4. If I look at the list of all podcasts the episodes show up and have the same name and attributes as the recognized files but won't show up under the subscription or sync properly.

I'm on 2293 RC2
Lowlander

Re: Adding existing episodes to a podcast

Post by Lowlander »

Has Podcast (Album) been set to the same value and the Type been set to Podcast?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Yes, in MM4 was a hidden feature to pick up the files from podcast folder and associate it to the podcast subscription.

Checking the code I see that it is still working, but only when the feed is newly subscribed.
In MM4 it used to work also after every library scan, but seeing that was deprecated for the following reasons:
1) can result in duplicate episodes when user set constant monitoring of podcast download folder (details details in https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16607 )
2) slows down scanning

So workaround for you should be to unsubscibe the feed, copy all the missing episodes to the podcast download folder, scan them into your library and re-subscibe the feed. This should pick-up all the episodes (previously manually copied there by you).
manalive

Post by manalive »

Thank you! That (kinda) works.

Why can't they just be added to the podcast subscription when they have the type podcast and have the same album name? Why do they need to be (re)scanned at all?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

manalive wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:32 pm Thank you! That (kinda) works.

Why can't they just be added to the podcast subscription when they have the type podcast and have the same album name? Why do they need to be (re)scanned at all?
The re-scan isn't needed (if the episodes are already in the library), just the association is performed when the feed is (re)subscribed.