Removing tracks from playlist "doesn't" MM5.0.0.2500 [#18266]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

pip_pill

Removing tracks from playlist "doesn't" MM5.0.0.2500 [#18266]

Post by pip_pill »

Removing tacks in an "album" in a "playlist" selected with "column filter" does not remove multiple tracks when selected, only single tracks...
Although the album does not remove from the "column filter" and re selecting the album shows that the tracks are sill in the track list! https://youtu.be/Vyvocgfv_mE
A similar example
https://youtu.be/Q206lnMxshg
Lowlander

Re: Removing tracks from playlist "doesn't" MM5.0.0.2500

Post by Lowlander »

I'm unable to reproduce, but added as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18266
Peke

Re: Removing tracks from playlist "doesn't" MM5.0.0.2500 [#18266]

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Analyzing your Video files I noticed that you are trying to remove tracks from Auto Playlists instead of Static playlists in which case MM behaves correctly eg, you can't delete track from playlist if playlist criteria would add it back. Which means you need to change track properties so that track is not added back.

Only BUG I can see is that User is allowed to press OK if Remove from Playlist only is selected for Auto-Playlists.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Sorry, for previous message, but your Playlist names are very similar I wonder if you can share download link to your compressed MM5.DB in support ticket so that we can try exact steps from your videos.

Description I described previously happened to me only once and could bot replicate anymore eg. Remove from Playlist only is not available in Auto-Playlists.

Please make sure are using latest build from viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d
Best regards,
Peke
pip_pill

Post by pip_pill »

This is not an Auto playlist, this is a Manual playlist, that's why (in order to not get them confused) I label/name Manual playlist start with "M" and they are in a folder called Manual playlists and Auto Playlists Start With "A" and are in a folder called Auto playlist
I partially agree with rusty's comment ie "DB-specific as both you and I replicated the problem. It more likely has to do with the View/filter/column filter/selection/etc." but why is it not updating the db when the "filter" is used to select the list of tracks, then remove the tracks! !?
Last edited by pip_pill on Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pip_pill

Post by pip_pill »

Peke wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:35 am Hi,
Sorry, for previous message, but your Playlist names are very similar I wonder if you can share download link to your compressed MM5.DB in support ticket so that we can try exact steps from your videos.

Description I described previously happened to me only once and could bot replicate anymore eg. Remove from Playlist only is not available in Auto-Playlists.

Please make sure are using latest build from viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d
I have no idea how to do this!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Just download latest version from viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d and install it on top of existing MM5 version.
Best regards,
Peke