Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Hollu

Post by Hollu »

Hello,

Could you explain how I can ceate an Excel report of the list of my musics

It was possible with V4

Thank you

Hollu
Lowlander

Re: Report

Post by Lowlander »

It's still possible via a CSV export: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... _Lists/5.0
Hollu

Post by Hollu »

Thank you but with v5 the lignes to create a report are in grey and not usuable

regards

Hollu
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Make sure you have files selected. Reports are created on selected files.
Hollu

Post by Hollu »

Yes files are selected ....I don't know what to think Do I need gold version for it?

Thanks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

A screenshot showing the file selection as well as where these files are in MediaMonkey (the node in the Media Tree) might be helpful. The Reports work in the free version and show enabled when a file is selected in MediaMonkey (but greyed out when no file is selected).
Hollu

Post by Hollu »

The reply doesn't allow to paste screenshot...
Hollu

Post by Hollu »

Now it is ok !! ...but the column with the name of the composer is missing ?

Thank you
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Screenshots: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=97733

Reports can't be customized in MediaMonkey. No custom report Addon exists yet.
EduMarins

Post by EduMarins »

At first time, congratulations for 5 version! This version is really better than the ones before. I manage a lot of files and MM handle very great with that in this new version.

- is possible to create reports by Album name? I have interest to have a list that contains my entire collection by album names.

Example:
Artist - Album Name - Year - Bitrate - Number of tracks and so on. Not all tracks.

Thanks
Eduardo
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Not at the moment, this type of reports is left for Addon developers to create Addons for.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

EduMarins wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:56 am - is possible to create reports by Album name? I have interest to have a list that contains my entire collection by album names.
Example:
Artist - Album Name - Year - Bitrate - Number of tracks and so on. Not all tracks.
There are a couple workarounds that are usually mentioned when anyone asks how to make custom reports from their MM database.
  1. either load the MM add-on that allows you to query the database
  2. or export your track list to Excel, and make your report there
Your query prompted me to have little play with both today. Each could get a small way towards you want, but both have limitations which probably mean they are of no actual use to you.
  1. The SQL add-on gets close, but the limitations probably rule it out
    • can't print or store it or copy and paste from it ... you have to rerun the query each time, and it is just a read-only report
    • the utility is limited to returning no more than 1,000 rows, so if you have more than a 1,000 albums you have decide which 1,000 you want
    • the query is easy to use once you have designed the query ... even if you have no SQL skills, it is just cut and paste once someone has made the query for you
    • BTW is this no criticism of the Add-on ... it was never designed as a stand-in in for the missing Reporting facility, but if extended it could be a functional workaround ... if you agree you can add your voice here
  2. Excel can make an Album list, but the MM5 export facility is very weak:
    • doesn't export the AlbumArtist tag, so every composite album (ie album containing tracks from multiple separate artists) that you have looks like multiple albums ... see tracks 3, and 8 though 18 in the first 20 "albums" on my illustration ... those are tracks, not albums
    • takes some Excel skills to get the result that you want
    • but at least the "report" can be saved to disk, and printed, and searched, etc
    • if you think that it would be helpful if they could overcome AlbumArtist tag problem, you could make your opinion known here
Let me know If you think that either of these two flawed workarounds would be of assistance to you. I can help you.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
EduMarins

Post by EduMarins »

hi,

Barry4679, thanks a lot for the information and effort :)
But unfortunately it not work for me, because I have much more than 1,000 albums.
Anyway now I know better what is possibly or not. Maybe I will try to check if someone would help me with an Addon.

Thank you!
progcollector
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

EduMarins wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:54 am But unfortunately it not work for me, because I have much more than 1,000 albums.
If they "fix" the CSV Export to Excel function, I will get back to you, because that route has no size limitation.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Blackcat12

Post by Blackcat12 »

Barry4679 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:16 am There are a couple workarounds that are usually mentioned when anyone asks how to make custom reports from their MM database.
  1. either load the MM add-on that allows you to query the database
  2. or export your track list to Excel, and make your report there
Curious about this addon as I was unaware of it. I have always used sqllitestudio (beginning with MMW4) and have several queries that I run and export from there. I thought it might be easier to do the queries natively from within MMW5, so I installed this addon. However, I am unable to find the query editor after installing the addon. I would have thought that it would be available through File > Create Reports menu path. I have confirmed that it is installed, but don't find the editor any where.

Would you please provide some insight on where to find this once it is installed? I assume that we would be able to create multiple queries and save them to be executed on demand?

Thanks.