FLAC plays on MM4 and others, but not on MM5

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Blackcat12

FLAC plays on MM4 and others, but not on MM5

Post by Blackcat12 »

I have some 5.1 stereo tracks (FLAC and WAV) that play fine on MM4, VLC, and other media players, but MM5 does not play them. MM5 simply scrolls through each listed track quickly. No dump or anything like that. MM5 seems to not recognize them as a audio file.

Is there a known reason why this type of file will not play on MM5 only?
Lowlander

Re: FLAC plays on MM4 and others, but not on MM5

Post by Lowlander »

Can you play them from Folders in MediaMonkey or opening from File Explorer with MediaMonkey? If not, please offer a sample file to Support: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support

Related: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... s-to-play/
Blackcat12

Post by Blackcat12 »

I tried to open a ticket for the sample file, but received two messages. 1st file type (FLAC) not supported and 2nd, file exceeds 5 mb. It is a flac and the smallest file in the set is around 80 mb.

Edit:
After some further trial and error, it seems the issue is only when outputting (Play to) to my external receiver. Both internal players work, but 'Play To' external device does not with MM5.
Last edited by Blackcat12 on Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You'll need to upload the files to a filesharing site like DropBox or OneDrive and then include a link to the share in the Support Ticket.
Blackcat12

Post by Blackcat12 »

Support Ticket #2650 has been raised.

I was in the end; able to get the files to play just fine to the external device with MM4. I still, have not been able to with MM5.