Artist tree column resizes when dragging MM from one monitor to another

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

MarcLister

Artist tree column resizes when dragging MM from one monitor to another

Post by MarcLister »

I have multiple monitors and move MediaMonkey 5 between them. I've noticed that when I do this the Artist tree column is resized as soon as I start to drag the application. I then have to re-set the column width once I've moved MediaMonkey over to another display. I am currently using MM5.0.2.2511.
drakinite

Re: Artist tree column resizes when dragging MM from one monitor to another

Post by drakinite »

Hi, any chance you could record a video of what happens? Also, what are your monitor resolutions & window scaling settings?
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
MarcLister

Post by MarcLister »

I will record a video later tonight. All 3 monitors are 24" and at a resolution of 2560x1440p. Scaling is at 100%.
MarcLister

Post by MarcLister »

Before I drag MediaMonkey (See that Freddie Mercury & Montserrat Caballe is fully visible).
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HzY5qF ... sp=sharing

After I drag MediaMonkey (Artist column is now much narrower).
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iXWkP_ ... sp=sharing

Link to video. It seems the column resizing happens before I drag MediaMonkey to another monitor and immediately after I start to drag it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ar8D2x ... sp=sharing
MarcLister

Post by MarcLister »

Hi drakinite. Did you see my video and photos? Is this what you needed?

Marc
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

MarcLister wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:49 pm Hi drakinite. Did you see my video and photos? Is this what you needed?

Marc
Gosh, I'm sorry! I didn't see your reply. I can only reproduce this if I set the window to be really small when not maximized (which I see is the case in your video). In that case, it appears to be intentional, so that the center view is not made invisible. What happens if you resize the window to be larger? http://files.drakinite.net/2021-11-05%2019-11-06.mp4
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
MarcLister

Post by MarcLister »

drakinite wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:16 pm
MarcLister wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:49 pm Hi drakinite. Did you see my video and photos? Is this what you needed?

Marc
Gosh, I'm sorry! I didn't see your reply. I can only reproduce this if I set the window to be really small when not maximized (which I see is the case in your video). In that case, it appears to be intentional, so that the center view is not made invisible. What happens if you resize the window to be larger? http://files.drakinite.net/2021-11-05%2019-11-06.mp4
No worries. Well that does seem better. I hadn't made MediaMonkey be like that and I've done what you did and it looks like the column width is now not changing when I drag between monitors. Thanks!
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Great; no problem! Glad it didn't turn out to be a bug.
MarcLister

Post by MarcLister »

I've just installed the latest beta (2519) and I noticed that whenever MM starts it re-sizes the columns as I experienced originally. The only way to fix it is to do the re-sizing of the window when not maximised as you suggested I tried. So this will happen each time I install an updated version of MM (either beta or full release) or when I restart my computer for Windows Updates.

Is there anyway to make MM size the window a little larger when not maximised so that I'm not having to do this manually?
MarcLister

Post by MarcLister »

Hi drakinite,

Is there any way this could be looked into? Every time I restart my computer or install a new beta for MM5 the issue comes back because the MM5 window is small by default when not maximised. It's as if the settings for the non-maximised window isn't being remembered by Windows and nor is the column width so one of the issues needs to be resolved somehow.

Regards,

Marc
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Apologies, I had thought I replied.
MediaMonkey is supposed to save the window size in persistent.json when it closes. Perhaps the window size isn't saved if you close it while it's maximized.
Try setting the non-maximized window size, then without maximizing it, close and reopen MediaMonkey. Does it then reopen adequately large?
MarcLister

Post by MarcLister »

drakinite wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:00 pm Apologies, I had thought I replied.
MediaMonkey is supposed to save the window size in persistent.json when it closes. Perhaps the window size isn't saved if you close it while it's maximized.
Try setting the non-maximized window size, then without maximizing it, close and reopen MediaMonkey. Does it then reopen adequately large?
I think you're right. When I put MM into non-maximised window mode and then close it before re-opening it looks good. I'll try it later when it's maximised and see if the size of the non-maximised window is the same on restarting.