Exception EAccessViolation

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

MrDLP

Exception EAccessViolation

Post by MrDLP »

MMW 5.0.1.2433 (portable mode)
Win 10 20H2 build 19042.1288
Playing in shuffle mode

Media Monkey plays along happily for hours then suddenly starts repeating the same 10 or 15 seconds of a song over and over. I find an error message window:

Application throw an exception Exception EAccessViolation in module MediaMonkeyEngine.exe at C084F845. Access violation at address C0850845. Read of address C0850845
Would you like to restart Media Monkey in safe mode?

So I press the restart button on the error message box. Sometimes it will start again and play.
Sometimes not.
If I look at the Task Manager I may find 2 or 3 MM sessions listed.

I shut them down in Task Manager. I may be able to start MM again normally, or it may just ignore the start request and I will find a blank white box where windows notifications appear. In this case nothing short of windows restart will remove the blank notification and allow me to start MM.

This is an ongoing annoyance. I hope there is a fix for it.

Thanks
Lowlander

Re: Exception EAccessViolation

Post by Lowlander »

Please try with the latest 5.0.2 test build: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d
MrDLP

Post by MrDLP »

5.0.2 did not fix this issue. I haven't noticed the Exception EAccessViolation error message but it still gets stuck repeating the same few seconds of a track over and over.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Does this occur with all tracks or is it specific to certain files?

Can you capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket?
See: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens in your setup.
MrDLP

Post by MrDLP »

This doesn't seem to be associated with a particular track. It seems to be random. I will install the debug version and send the log next time it happens.