Playlist does not jump to the song being played

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

1001Musik

Playlist does not jump to the song being played

Post by 1001Musik »

In my playlist on the right-hand side, the song that is currently being played is not displayed. I have to scroll through the 300 or so songs to see what the artist and title are. When I switch to the next song, the cover of the previously clicked song is shown to me.
Also, no information is displayed at the bottom of the player, that would be enough for me. In the settings for the player I can't find any information about the song.
WiFi Syncing
MM Gold 5.1.0.2813 auf Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit "portable Installation"
MM Android 2.0.0.1099 Pro auf folgenden Geräten

Samsung S23 Ultra / Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra
Zonky

Re: Playlist does not jump to the song being played

Post by Zonky »

As far as I remember, this, lets say behavior, has been in place for a long time now and I doubt this is a bug but by intention.
Barry4679

Re: Playlist does not jump to the song being played

Post by Barry4679 »

1001Musik wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:22 pm In my playlist on the right-hand side, the song that is currently being played is not displayed. I have to scroll through the 300 or so songs to see what the artist and title are. When I switch to the next song, the cover of the previously clicked song is shown to me.
Also, no information is displayed at the bottom of the player, that would be enough for me. In the settings for the player I can't find any information about the song.
Am not sure if you are talking about the main MM display, or one of the mini|micro players that I have not tried.
The main display works ok here.
See this short video. I have intentionally scrolled the Playing window on the right side, so the the currently playing track is not shown.
When the track changes, the right side panel automatically scrolls to the new track, and the art changes, and the player at the bottom is showing the current track that is now playing.

Go to the View|Layout menu, and make sure that it looks like this.

Also I have re-configured the player to show more information than the default display.
I have upgraded from the Artist to the AlbumArtist, and added the album name to the default display.
You can achieve this, by going here, and making this change:

Code: Select all

$if(<Album Artist>,<Album Artist> - ,)$if(<Album>,<Album> - ,)<Title>
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.